Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Barley Risotto recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Barley Risotto recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley Risotto recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. Some foods really do raise your mood when you eat them. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, try a couple of these.
Grains can be excellent for overcoming a terrible mood. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all actually excellent for helping boost your happiness levels. These grains can help you feel full for longer also, which is a mood improver. It’s not difficult to feel a little bit off when you feel famished! The reason these grains are so wonderful for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps kick start a rise in your sugar levels which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place.
As you can see, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you want to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to barley risotto recipe. To cook barley risotto you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Barley Risotto:
- Get 1 cup of pearl barley.
- Provide 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cubes of butter.
- Use 2 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Get 300 g of mushrooms.
- Take 200 g of spinach.
- Use 1 of small chopped onion.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Cheese for shaving on top.
- Take 20 g of thyme.
Instructions to make Barley Risotto:
- Boil barley in water over high heat, after 1 boil keep it on slow for 20-25 mins or until done..
- In a pan, take butter put garlic and cook until it starts to get golden from edges..
- Add onions and cook for 2 mins.
- Put mushrooms and cook for couple of mins, add salt and pepper..
- Add barley (once cooked) and stir, add spinach, stir gently & add herbs.
- If you like creamy you can add some white wine too and some cheese..
- Shave parmesan cheese on top before serving.
If you find this Barley Risotto recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.