Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Barley beancurd dessert recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Barley beancurd dessert recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Barley beancurd dessert recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and need to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that basically can improve your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
Your mood can actually be helped by green tea. You just knew it had to be included in this article, right? Green tea is rich in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has discovered that this amino acid induces the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You likely already knew it is not hard to be healthy when you drink green tea. Now you are aware that it can help improve your mood also!
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these hints instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to barley beancurd dessert recipe. You can cook barley beancurd dessert using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Barley beancurd dessert:
- Take 1 cups of holland barley.
- Prepare 75 grams of beancurd for dessert.
- Use 200 grams of pre-boiled gingko nuts.
- Get To taste of rock sugar.
- You need A few of pcs pandan leaves, knotted.
Instructions to make Barley beancurd dessert:
- Wash clean holland barley. There are 2 different type of barley that can be easily found in singapore. Chinese barley has cooling properties, but the taste is a bit funny. Holland barley tastes nicer, suitable for dessert but some says it can cause phlegm. I use holland barley for this dessert as i like the taste more..
- Smash the beancurd sheet to smaller pieces. Pls make sure you use the one for dessert. There is other type of beancurd sheet for soup too but it is more oily and the texture is different..
- Now the gingko nuts. I bought the pre-boiled gingko nuts. Some says that we need to remove the core to avoid any bitter taste in this dessert..
- Prepare 3L of water, cook barley and beancurd together. Add pandan leaves. I use pressure cooker so it takes me like 5 mins and all are tender already. Beancurd will be very soft like porridge consistency. Some people doesn’t like porridge consistency so you can cook the beancurd later on. If you use normal pot/pan, it probably takes 30 minutes to cook the barley till tender..
- Add gingko nuts and boil for another 10 minutes. Add rock sugars to taste..
- Done! Can be served cold or warm. I like mine cold..
Be sure to buy the soft type of bean curd skin. Easy recipe for ginkgo barley dessert, commonly known as fu chok. It is also really easy to make. Be sure to buy the soft type of bean curd skin sheets to make this dessert (see picture below). Bean Curd Sheet / Fu Chok.
If you find this Barley beancurd dessert recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.