Broccoli Cheese Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup. Serve this broccoli cheese soup with some crusty bread, caesar salad, or some ham and cheese sliders! I like to garnish this soup with a sprinkle of black pepper, some extra cheddar cheese and.
Watch how to make an excellent homemade broccoli cheese soup with plenty of fresh broccoli and Cheddar cheese. Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or frozen broccoli and any type of cheese that melts well.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, broccoli cheese soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Broccoli Cheese Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Reviews for: Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup. Serve this broccoli cheese soup with some crusty bread, caesar salad, or some ham and cheese sliders! I like to garnish this soup with a sprinkle of black pepper, some extra cheddar cheese and.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook broccoli cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Make ready 3 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 1/2 cup of sliced leek, white part only, well rinsed.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of fresh grated nutmeg.
- Make ready 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh thyme, chopped.
- Make ready 3 cup of vegetable broth.
- Make ready 3 of each heads of broccoli florets, chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Get 1 1/4 cup of grated cheddar.
- Make ready 3 tbsp of flour, use rice flour for gluten free.
This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese. Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food! This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. Serve the soup as is, mash with a potato masher to break up the broccoli a bit, or transfer to a blender in two batches and puree completely.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a large stock pot, saute onions a leek in 3 tablespoons of butter with salt, pepper and nutmeg- until softened,.
- Add garlic and thyme until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle flour in and cook about 2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in broth, stirring constantly, and bring to a boil.
- Reduced heat and let simmer for five minutes.
- Add broccoli florets and continue simmering for 20 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Add cream and simmer until warmed through.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Stir in cold butter.
In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to be virtuous. I've edited the recipe just a bit to enhance with a bit of. My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese! Broccoli Cheese Soup is my go-to cheese soup recipe in the winder, made with broccoli, carrots, and celery in a cheddar cheese base.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food broccoli cheese soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!