Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan. The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love!
It's very flavorful and doesn't need to be fried. This easy, oven baked chicken Parm recipe with Panko Parmesan crust is kid. My version of chicken parmesan is a little different than what they do in the restaurants, with less sauce and a crispier crust.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, healthier baked chicken parmesan. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The Best Chicken Parmesan recipe, made a bit healthier! Breaded chicken cutlets are baked, not fried yet the chicken is so moist and full of flavor. This is an easy chicken dinner the whole family will love!
Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have healthier baked chicken parmesan using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- Make ready 1/2 loaf of crusty rye bread.
- Get 1 lb of skinless chicken breasts.
- Make ready 2 cups of buttermilk, divided.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic minced.
- Get of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Get 4 oz of fresh grated parmigian reggiano.
- Take 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Get 4 of egg whites or 1 cup greek yogurt.
- Get 2 cups of pasta sauce.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella and provologne.
- Get 125 g of fresh mozzarella.
- Get of fresh basil and oregano as garnish.
Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and. Healthy oven baked chicken parmesan is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside with no frying required. Most chicken parmesan recipes take tons of effort and a lot longer to prepare. This baked chicken parmesan recipe starts with tender chicken cutlets dredged in tasty breadcrumbs, smothered in sauce and cheese, then baked to perfection.
Instructions to make Healthier Baked Chicken Parmesan:
- Cut half of the bread loaf into 1/2 inch slices. Lay out on the counter on a cutting board or somewhere it won't be messed with. We'll be drying these pieces overnight..
- Filet the chicken (make two thinner breasts!). Then using plastic wrap and something with some heft, or a meat mallet if you wanna be proper (I usually use a can of beans or whatever else is lying around) to pound the filets to a 1/4 in thick. Don't be like me and make it a contest to see how thin you can get the chicken, doesn't fare well for anyone involved..
- As they are thinned out place the chicken in a plastic bag. When complete add the buttermilk, garlic, and 1 tbsp salt and pepper to the bag. Work it around to miz up the ingredienta and make sure all the chicken is coated. Then squeeze out the air and place in the fridge. Let chill for 4 hrs up to over night..
- The next day or at last 4 hours later take your dried bread and start to break it apart. I put it in a ziplock bag and smashed it, but you can wreak havoc on the bread however you heart desires. break it down enough to put it in the food processor (or blender if you have one that can handle mixing solids)..
- I used my vitamix and ran the blender on low until you have a sandy consistency. Kinda like bread crumbs, in case you hadn't caught on that's what we're making. Add the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and italian seasoning to the crumb and about 1/2 of the parmigian. Blend for a few seconds until it looks well mixed. Then add the next half and blend. Voila! You just made homemade bread crumbs that will taste much better than store bought. You can store the bread crumbs for up to a month in the fridge..
- Now it's time to set up you're breading work area. It's really important to get it right. If you do, the process should be relatively clean and quick. If you don't you'll have egg and flour everywhere. You'll need three shallow bowls/pie pans, a large plate, and parchment paper. You're going to fill one bowl with about 1/2 cup of breading, one bowl with the whole wheat flour and another bowl with your wash. To make the wash you can either combine eggs, 2 tbsp buttermilk and a tbsp of flour, or the greek yogurt.
- Now we're ready to start breading. Grab the bag of chicken from the fridge and open that bad boy up. (Note: If while you are doing this you keep a dry hand, for working with the dry ingredients, and make your other hand the wet hand. This will prevent you from developing those small nuggets of useless breading on your hands.).
- First, the chicken goes straight from the bag to the flour. If you drop it on one side of the bowl you can pick up the flour from the other side to coat the top, so you can hopefully keep your dry hand liquid free. Flip a couple times to coat all sides..
- Then move the chicken to the wash. Using your wet hand flip the cutlet a couple times until it is covered entirely with the wash..
- Transfer to the bread crumbs. Once again to prevent a mess you can take bread crumbs from the side or pour some from the remaining half over the chicken. If working with the yogurt press down on the breading to get a flat uniform product. It will appear chunky and cook unevenly. Flip a couple of times to make sure all of the wash is covered. Transfer to the large plate..
- Repeat this process for all the chicken, filling up on ingredients as they get low. When you have one layer of chicken on the plate cover with parchment paper and lay the chicken on top of that. Preheat oven to 400F(~200C).
- Place the chicken in a glass casserole dish and lighhtly spray both sides with vegetable or olive oil. Put in oven for 20 minutes. If at 20 minutes the chicken is still not brown enough turn the broiler on high until you get a nice golden brown.
- Top with tomato sauce, shredded cheese, and fresh mozzarella. Put back in the oven with the broiler stil on high for ten minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and golden brown..
- Remove from the oven and let it cool/rest for about 5 minutes. Serve with whole grain pasta served with some fresh chopped herbs..
Seriously, this might be the best healthy chicken parmesan recipe ever! Healthy Chicken Parmesan from Delish.com is classically simple. Pour marinara over chicken breasts and top with mozzarella. CRISPY GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS – baked instead of fried but these classic chicken wings are still as crispy and delicious as ever! Easy chicken wings are baked instead of fried for a healthier options then tossed in a mouthwatering garlic parmesan sauce!
So that is going to wrap i
t up with this special food healthier baked chicken parmesan recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!