Cincinnati Chili. Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti or hot dogs ("coneys"); both dishes were developed by Macedonian immigrant restaurateurs. Authentic Cincinnati Chili is a meaty, rich, and uniquely spiced chili from (you guessed it!) Outside of Cincinnati, Cincinnati-style chili is known as "that weird cinnamon chili on spaghetti." Authentic Cincinnati Chili. I'm from Cincinnati and enjoyed Skyline chili my whole life.
Slow simmered for hours and served one of five ways, it's perfect cold weather food! Homemade copycat Skyline Cincinnati chili… unique and flavorful, this regional delicacy is easy to make at home for way less than the restaurant charges! Cincinnati Chili has a thinner consistency and is prepared with an unusual blend of spices that includes cinnamon, chocolate or cocoa, allspice, and Worcestershire.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, cincinnati chili. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Cincinnati chili (or Cincinnati-style chili) is a Mediterranean-spiced meat sauce used as a topping for spaghetti or hot dogs ("coneys"); both dishes were developed by Macedonian immigrant restaurateurs. Authentic Cincinnati Chili is a meaty, rich, and uniquely spiced chili from (you guessed it!) Outside of Cincinnati, Cincinnati-style chili is known as "that weird cinnamon chili on spaghetti." Authentic Cincinnati Chili. I'm from Cincinnati and enjoyed Skyline chili my whole life.
Cincinnati Chili is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Cincinnati Chili is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook cincinnati chili using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Cincinnati Chili:
- Take of Base.
- Take 2 1/4 lb of 75% Lean Ground Beef.
- Make ready 3 1/2 of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- Prepare of Liquids.
- Make ready 32 oz of beef stock.
- Get 16 oz of tomato sauce.
- Take 2 1/4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Make ready 2 1/4 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Make ready of Spice Mix.
- Get 3 1/4 tbsp of chili powder.
- Get 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 2 1/4 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Make ready 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Make ready 1 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Make ready 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of ground cloves, heaping.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of allspice, heaping.
- Make ready 1 of large bayleaf.
- Take of Optional Toppings.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese.
- Take 1 of kidney beans.
- Get 1 of chopped green onion.
- Make ready 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of oyster crackers.
In Cincinnati chili, ingredients like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, cumin, cocoa, and Worcestershire sauce give it a quality akin to a thin, spiced meat sauce. Skyline Chili recipe: Secret Ingredient Hiding in Plain Sight? Cincinnati chili (or "Cincinnati-style chili") is a regional style of Chili con carne characterized by the use of unusual seasonings such as cinnamon, cloves, allspice or chocolate. Cincinnati Chili is a unique culinary experience combining ground beef, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, and chili powder with cocoa, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, brown sugar, and vinegar.
Steps to make Cincinnati Chili:
- In a large skillet or stove top dutch oven brown the ground beef and finely chopped onion. Drain the fat..
- Pour the beef stock in the skillet with the beef and onion and simmer for 12 minutes..
- While this is simmering prepare all of the spices list into a small bowl..
- Once the 12 mins is up add the spices to the skillet and mix in well..
- Now add the rest of the liquids and mix in well..
- Let this simmer UNCOVERED for 75 to 90 minutes until aromatic and reaches a thick sauce/chili like consistency. Stir occasionally..
- Remove from heat and skim the excess fat off the top with a ladle and remove the bayleaf..
- Serve and enjoy! This pairs well over hot spaghetti noodle, on a hot dog, on a loaded baked potato, or even as by itself in a bowl with your favorite garnishes!.
- I decided to top spaghetti with mine and garnish with cheese, onion, sour cream..
Cincinnati chili is a chili unlike any other, filled with a beguiling mix of Mediterranean spices and chili powder, a beloved regional favorite. Make it tonight with this recipe. Authentic Cincinnati Chili is made with ground meat, tomato paste, and spices such as cumin and It's a different take than Texas chili in that it has more of a sweet profile and is served over spaghetti. The inventor's Greek roots can clearly. Cincinnati Chili made with the authentic Skyline Chili recipe served over spaghetti with onions and shredded cheddar cheese!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food cincinnati chili recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!