Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread. I do NOT keep the butter and sugar mixture out when mixing the rest of the ingredients. The secret of Southern cornbread is to heat the fat in a skillet and pour the batter into the hot skillet. This cornbread is the classic buttermilk cornbread you'll find throughout the South.
A classic side dish loved by EVERYONE. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber. This is an easy, quick, buttermilk cornbread recipe that's ready in minutes.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sugar and spice buttermilk cornbread. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
I do NOT keep the butter and sugar mixture out when mixing the rest of the ingredients. The secret of Southern cornbread is to heat the fat in a skillet and pour the batter into the hot skillet. This cornbread is the classic buttermilk cornbread you'll find throughout the South.
Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook sugar and spice buttermilk cornbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread:
- Get 2 c of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 c of corn meal.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 of heep tsp salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Take 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of sugar.
- Make ready 10 tbsp of cold, salted butter.
- Make ready 2 of eggs.
- Make ready 1 c of milk.
- Prepare 1 c of buttermilk.
Slightly sweetened and moist, this cornbread is the perfect side dish. If you like a more savory cornbread, you can leave out the granulated sugar and then cut back any additional brown sugar to suit your taste. This easy cornbread recipe is made with sugar and cinnamon, so it is a dessert-like version of the classic recipe. Because it is baked in a cast iron skillet this tasty buttermilk cornbread is crunchy on top and soft in the middle.
Instructions to make Sugar and Spice Buttermilk cornbread:
- Butter cast iron skillet, place in oven and preheat at 400°.
- Mix all dry ingredients together well. Cut cold butter into small cubes, use your hands to incorporate butter into mixture very well. I find starting with my knuckles gets it going, then I mash it with my finger tips. It should hold together when you make a fist with it..
- Make a well in center, add 2 slightly beaten eggs and both milks..
- Use a baking spatula and fold batter over itself until all is blended..
- Carefully take cast iron out of your preheated oven and add mixture. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until top is golden and tooth pick comes out clean..
Make this amazing spiced recipe for cornbread today! Made with all cornmeal, straight buttermilk, and no added sugar (like it should be!) in a cast iron skillet, this cornbread is an easy dinner side dish. This classic, savory Southern cornbread is just begging for a bowl of chili or a plate of ribs. Made with all cornmeal, straight buttermilk, and no added sugar.. Buttermilk Cornbread The best buttermilk cornbread recipe ever Combine dry ingredients.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food sugar and spice buttermilk cornbread recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!