Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are not good for us and that we ought to keep away from them. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You just knew green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is loaded with an amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies have shown that this amino acid actually stimulates brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while at the same relaxing the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you be a lot healthier. Now you know green tea can help raise your mood as well!
So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gingerbread crinkle cookies#christmasbaking #mombasa recipe. To make gingerbread crinkle cookies#christmasbaking #mombasa you only need 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa:
- Provide of wheat flour.
- Prepare of plain flour (all purpose flour).
- Use of brown sugar.
- Take of salted butter, cut into small cubes and chilled.
- Provide of baking powder.
- Prepare of baking soda (soda bi carbonate).
- Prepare of molasses (or use honey, maple syrup, dark corn syrup).
- Get of milk.
- Provide of For Gingerbread Spice Mixture:.
- Use of ginger powder.
- You need of cinnamon powder.
- You need of clove powder.
- Prepare of nutmeg powder.
- Take of For topping:.
- Provide of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of icing or confectioners’ sugar.
Instructions to make Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa:
- Sift flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda and gingerbread spice mixture together into a big bowl. Add brown sugar and mix well..
- Add the butter cubes and rub it into the flour using your finger tips till it resembles bread crumbs..
- Add the molasses or any substitute you’re using and the milk. Bring the mixture together into a the dough till it gets wet. Do not over mix the dough..
- Divide the dough into two parts. Shape each part into a round disc. Cover each part with cling film and put it in the freezer..
- In the meantime prepare the baking tray. You can line it with parchment paper or lightly grease it with butter..
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC..
- Put the sugar and icing sugar in two different bowls..
- Take out both the dough parts from the freezer. Put one part in the fridge till required..
- Using a tablespoon, scoop up the dough and roll it into a ball. Remember do not roll it too much otherwise the dough will become warm..
- Roll the ball in the sugar and then in the icing sugar..
- Place it on the baking tray. Repeat steps 11 to 13 with the rest of the dough. Place the balls 1 inch apart..
- Put the tray in the oven and let the cookies bake for 12-15 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven..
- Let the cookies cool down for 2-3 minutes on the tray. Put the cookies on a wire rack to cool down completely. Store in an airtight container..
- Take out the other part of the dough from the fridge and bake the cookies..
- Tips: If the dough becomes warm put it back in the fridge. Its best to bake one tray at a time to get the crinkle effect. It is important to roll the dough balls in granulated sugar and then in the icing sugar. Its the sugars on top that helps to dry out the top of the cookie quickly and results in a crack effect. Using both baking powder and baking soda is important as they help in the rise and spread of cookies. Baking at 150 -160°C is important to get the crinkle effect. If you bake at 180°.
Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookies is kinda irrelevant. You make them every Melted butter will lead to denser cookies. We like our gingerbread people soft and almost a little fluffy. At the holidays, gingerbread cookies are a dessert staple. These crispy cookies are full of delicious spices that give them a distinctive flavor.
If you find this Gingerbread crinkle cookies#ChristmasBaking #Mombasa recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.