Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that offer You Energy.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy foods and a lesser amount of of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Eating almonds is an excellent choice as long as you don’t possess a nut allergy. Almonds are sometimes considered a super food because they’re packed full of things that help boost our vitality while keeping us healthy. Almonds can be a natural supply of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Tryptophan, an enzyme also contained in turkey that causes drowsiness, is present in almonds. Nevertheless, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Your emotional state can often be lifted by just eating almonds.
A large variety of easy health snacks is easily obtainable. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy tomato basil soup recipe. You can cook creamy tomato basil soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Get 2 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium onion – chopped.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic – crushed.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of cans whole tomatoes – drained.
- Provide 6 cups of tomato juice.
- Get 4-6 tbs of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken soup base (or 2 cubes bullion).
- Take 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Take to taste of sea salt.
- Use 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Use of Optional garnishes (per bowl).
- Get 1 tsp of chiffonade of fresh basil.
- Get 1 tsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- You need 3-4 of seasoned croutons.
- Use 2 tsp of shredded mozzarella or parmesan.
- Take of couple dashes Tabasco sauce.
- Take of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare pinch of cayenne powder or smoked paprika.
Steps to make Creamy Tomato Basil Soup:
- Melt butter with olive oil in a 3 to 4 quart stock pot over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Sautee until onions are translucent. About 5 – 7 minutes..
- Transfer onion and garlic to blender. Add drained cans of whole tomatoes. Cover and pulse until you have a coarse puree. Note: You may want to vent the lid slightly so steam doesn't pop the lid off..
- Transfer puree back to stockpot over medium high heat. Add tomato juice, soup base and 3 tbs of the sugar. Taste and add up to 1 more tbs sugar at this time. Note: The sugar is used to help cut the acidity of the tomatoes. The acidity of tomatoes can vary from batch to batch so always start low when adding the sugar..
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 20 – 25 minutes to reduce slightly (about the consistency of a thin gravy). Taste soup after it has reduced. Add pepper, salt to taste, and up to 2 tbs more sugar as needed/desired (I normally use the full 6 tbs)..
- Reduce heat to low. Once soup has stopped bubbling stir in evaporated milk until well incorporated. Then stir in chopped basil. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes for flavors to blend..
- Dish up and garnish with any combination of suggested garnishes above..
- Alternate version: For a smoother consistency, before adding evaporated milk carefully run soup through a fine mesh sieve to remove all the solids. Return to pot, then add evaporated milk and basil as in step 5..
This creamy tomato basil soup comes together in no time at all in just one pot. It has a rich tomato flavour along with hints of basil. Canned tomato soup is such a classic and just perfect for a comforting lunch. Course Lunch, Side Dish, Soup, starter This creamy tomato – basil soup hits the spot, especially with a side of extra-gooey grilled cheese. Asheley's totally in charge of the grilled cheese.
If you find this Creamy Tomato Basil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.