Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns. Mexican Coffee Bun (Rotiboy) – Sweet bun with coffee topping and butter filling. It's popular in Malaysia and Asia. For the Mexican coffee bun recipe, I turned to my contributor Siew Loon.
These fluffy, buttery buns are topped with a coffee scented cookie crust, and they became wildly. Soft buns with only one-time proofing, topped with coffee flavor cookie crust and filled with melty cheese are simply irresistible. All the tips you need to know to make this at home.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, roti boy / mexican coffee buns. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Mexican Coffee Bun (Rotiboy) – Sweet bun with coffee topping and butter filling. It's popular in Malaysia and Asia. For the Mexican coffee bun recipe, I turned to my contributor Siew Loon.
Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook roti boy / mexican coffee buns using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns:
- Make ready of A. Coffee Topping.
- Take 200 g of softened butter.
- Make ready 160 g of icing sugar.
- Get 3 of lightly beaten eggs.
- Get 2 tbsp of coffee essence – highly recommended.
- Take of (Or use 1tbsp hot water + 2 tbsp coffee).
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of – 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 200 g of flour.
- Prepare of B. Filling #1 (salty & buttery).
- Prepare 17 of small cubes of salted butter (10g each).
- Make ready of C. Filling #2 (sweet & salty).
- Prepare 200 g of Salted butter.
- Prepare 30 g of soft dark brown sugar.
- Take Pinch of salt.
- Make ready of D. For the Bun.
- Get 270 ml of water.
- Make ready 8 g of active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp).
- Make ready 1 of lightly beaten egg.
- Get 75 g of castor sugar (3tbsp).
- Prepare 500 g of bread flour.
- Make ready 20 g of milk powder (2 1/2 tbsp).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 5 g of bread improver (1 tsp).
- Take 60 g of softened butter.
Roti boy (mexican buns) ini saya buat sebagai menu sarapan untuk Si Papih yang punya kebiasaan sarapan dengan roti. a lot's of bread 🙂 Homemade roti boy (mexican buns / coffee buns). These Mexican coffee buns, or well-known in some places as Papparotis, have therefore become one of my favorite treats to make, especially on a cold winter day. As if hot, fresh-from-the-oven bread wasn't good enough, these delicious coffee buns also reward you with the most irresistible baked. G. these buns are SO delicious you've got to try them!
Instructions to make Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns:
- A. Coffee Topping – cream butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add beaten eggs. Mix again. Next, add coffee essence & ground cinnamon. Stir to combine. Then, Sift in flour and mix until well-combined. You’ll have a paste. Transfer this mixture to a pastry piping bag with round tip attached to it. Into the fridge until ready to use..
- B. Filling #1 – cube salted butter and keep in the fridge before using..
- C. Filling #2 – cream butter, sugar & pinch of salt. Keep in the fridge before using. Scoop generous amount of this mixture onto flatten dough (if using) & seal neatly..
- D. For the Bun – In a bowl, mix yeast, egg, water and sugar. Leave to proof for 5-10mins. Next, Place flour, milk powder and salt in a bowl of a stand mixer with attached dough hook. Add proofed yeast mixture. Mix until well combined using low speed. Then, add butter and mix for another 5 minutes until dough is soft and pliable..
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and keep kneading by hand for another 10mins until dough is stretchy and not breaking when stretched. (Refer to my previous Roti Boy recipe's note on how to check if dough is ready). cover dough & let it rest for 30mins or double in size..
- Divide dough into equal portions. I like mine small for kids lunch box, so my balls weigh around 45g each. Lightly Roll each portion into a ball. Do not press or knead dough so much at this point. Then cover and set aside for 10 minutes..
- After 10mins, Next, flatten each dough and place a cube of hard butter into the center of the dough. Gather the edges and pinch to seal. Lightly roll buns into balls and place on a greased baking tray. Proof buns for at least 45 minutes. Cover with greased cling film..
- 10mins before baking, preheat oven to 160-170°C..
- Next, pipe the topping in a spiral pattern onto the buns. Bake at 160-170°C for 15 minutes or until the buns are lightly brown. Note: different oven has different temperature so adjust oven accordingly when baking. Serve warm..
These fluffy, buttery buns are topped with a coffee scented cookie crust, and because they're so ridiculously tasty they became wildly popular in Southeast Asia. This bun is a purely Asian creation. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Mexico although Hi emkay! I too have been practicing Roti buns for some time now (but with a recipe from youtube). Hay, thanks for the valuable subject, I've tried many times the original Papparoti/Rotiboy buns in.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food roti boy / mexican coffee buns recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!