Easy hot cross buns. Rub in the butter with your fingertips. Stir in the dried fruit, then sprinkle over the yeast and stir in. Gently warm the milk so it is hot, but still cool enough to put your finger in for a couple of seconds.
These Hot Cross Buns are way better than the stock standard ones you buy from grocery stores. Those are pumped with preservatives and. I'll show you how to make an Easter classic, a super easy hot cross buns recipe, or as some call them Hot Crossed Buns.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, easy hot cross buns. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Rub in the butter with your fingertips. Stir in the dried fruit, then sprinkle over the yeast and stir in. Gently warm the milk so it is hot, but still cool enough to put your finger in for a couple of seconds.
Easy hot cross buns is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Easy hot cross buns is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy hot cross buns using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy hot cross buns:
- Make ready 1 1/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of castor sugar.
- Prepare 4 teaspoons of instant yeast.
- Prepare 3 3/4 cup of flour.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Make ready 1 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg powder.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of clove powder.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of butter.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Take 1 cup of raisins.
- Prepare of The glaze and topping optional.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of water.
- Take 2 tablespoon of apricot jam warmed.
A very simple sweet dough bun full. Hot cross buns are a traditional Easter dish. Featuring a spiced dough, cross shape, and orange icing, these are truly one of our favorite bread recipes! They're yeasted sweet buns filled with spices and various fruits such as currants.
Instructions to make Easy hot cross buns:
- Place milk, yeast and sugar in a bowl. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside for about 10min or until frothy. Sift flour and spices in a large bowl and then rub the butter into the flour mixture until crumbly..
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture then stir in eggs and yeast mixture. Now add the raisins. Combine until a dough forms. Put your dough onto a floured surface and knead for about 5/6 min until the dough is elastic and smooth. Put the dough in an oiled large and cover with cling wrap and set this aside in a warm place until doubled in size. When it has doubled in size remove from bowl and punch down dough. Knead this again and make 12 large rolls. Use a greased tray big enough..
- Set aside for another 15/20min for rolls to rise. Preheat your oven to 200c. When rolls have risen, you can use the flour and water and pipelines across all the rolls. This is optional..
- Bake for 10 min then reduce temperature to 180c and bake for another 15min..
- Remove from oven and brush with apricot jam whilst warm🥰.
Try our easy, no-fail hot cross buns recipe for delicious results. Nothing says "Easter" like biting into a tender hot cross bun, shining with glaze and jewelled with delicious dried fruit. Hot Cross Buns were originally a Saxon tradition which became an Easter tradition to celebrate Good Friday. A hot cross bun is a spiced sweet bun usually made with fruit, marked with a cross on the top, and traditionally eaten on Good Friday in the United Kingdom; Ireland; Australia; India; New Zealand. This Easy Hot Cross Buns Recipe makes sweet and fluffy bread rolls with Instant Yeast.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food easy hot cross buns recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!