Hot cross buns. Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Place glaze in a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off; pipe a cross onto each roll. So why improve on perfection when you can use our recipe for glazed hot cross buns, loaded with spices and fruit?
Place in a piping bag or a plastic bag with one corner snipped off, and pipe crosses on the buns. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze. Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatine.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, hot cross buns. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hot cross buns is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Hot cross buns is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
Find Great Deals from the Top Retailers. Place glaze in a piping bag or a sandwich bag with the corner snipped off; pipe a cross onto each roll. So why improve on perfection when you can use our recipe for glazed hot cross buns, loaded with spices and fruit?
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook hot cross buns using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hot cross buns:
- Prepare 4 cups of flour.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 2 1/4 teaspoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted butter.
- Get 1 of egg.
- Take 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of lemon rind.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of mixed spice.
- Get 1/2 cup of raisins and orange peel.
- Make ready 4 tablespoons of honey or apricot jam.
The lovely shiny finish on Hot Cross Buns is simply a mix of heated apricot jam and a touch of water. Just microwave to heat, mix until smooth then lightly brush onto the surface. Substitute with other jams, or honey, maple syrup, golden syrup or other shiny syrups. Tips for the BEST Hot Cross Buns!
Instructions to make Hot cross buns:
- Warm the water and milk add the sugar then the yeast.let it rest for 5 minutes till the yeast blooms.if the yeast doesn't bloom buy another one.
- Add the melted butter and egg to the yeast mixture and stir.
- Add the salt and all the spices and lemon rind to the flour and stir.then make a well and add the yeast water.
- Hard knead for 15 minutes.
- When kneaded.make it into a ball apply oil on the dough and on the bowl cover with kitchen towel or film and let rest for about 1 hour.
- After an hour knead in the fruits and knead,divide dough into 20 balls put in a baking tray with parchment and let rise again for 1 hour.
- When risen make a paste with flour and water pipe crosses bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes.glaze with honey when ready.
Baking your own hot cross buns is one way to make Easter feel special while staying at home. These hot cross buns are inspired by the traditional kind, but made with a deepened amount of spice, citrus and an optional dash of rum. I'm a purist when it comes to fruit so this recipe has the usual sultanas and peel. Add Hot Cross Buns with Double Cream And Berries to my favourite recipes. Add Maple Bacon Hot Cross Bun Sambos to my favourite recipes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food hot cross buns recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!