You may also want to try. "I say the phrase 'kale and quinoa salad' — quick, what springs to mind?" Kale and quinoa are two of the trendiest pieces of the modern stereotypically healthy diet, but that really isn't their fault. Healthy salad made with quinoa and dressed with tangy citric dressing. Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, quinoa citrus salad. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Quinoa Citrus Salad is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Quinoa Citrus Salad is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have quinoa citrus salad using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Quinoa Citrus Salad:
- Take 2 cup of Red / White Quinoa.
- Prepare 2 cup of Water.
- Get 4 tbsp of Extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3 each of Large Limes.
- Take 2 each of Large Lemon.
- Get 1 bunch of Curly Parsley.
- Take 1 bunch of Green Onions.
- Prepare 1 each of Yellow Bell Pepper.
- Make ready 1 each of Red Bell Pepper.
- Take 1 each of Orange Bell Pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of Fat Free Feta Cheese.
- Make ready 4 oz of Myzithra Cheese.
- Take 1 of Salt.
Make salad: Cook quinoa according to package directions. Position a rack in top third of oven and preheat broiler to high. All Reviews for Citrus Salad With Crispy Quinoa. Citrus-Pomegranate Quinoa Salad Recipe by Our Best Bites.
Instructions to make Quinoa Citrus Salad:
- Start by soaking your Quinoa for about 15-30 minutes. Then rinse it thoroughly. At least 5-6 times to get all the particulate out. Get all your ingredients out so you can prep them while your quinoa cooks then cools..
- Add quinoa to water and bring to a boil. Be sure to cover. Once its boiling turn down to simmer. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes until all water is gone. You want it to be firm not mushy (it should have a little pop when you bite into it.). Then spread it out on a cookie sheet to cool..
- De-vein and small dice the bell peppers. Mince parsley, and slice the green onions..
- Zest the lemon and limes then juice. This can be done on the still warm quinoa..
- Shred and crumble cheeses..
- Make sure quinoa is cool, put in a large bowl then add olive oil, peppers, onions, parsley, cheeses. Mix together with a fork so as not to damage (mash) the quinoa. Salt to taste. Be careful not to over salt. Myzithra is a salty cheese..
- Eat as it is. Make lettuce wraps. Get creative and enjoy!.
Mix in warm quinoa and sprinkle top of salad with feta. I have made it several times and really enjoy it. I varied the recipe and made it with red quinoa and added tomatoes and. If you are searching for a healthy and delicious dish that is light and flavorful, then try this Red Citrus Quinoa Salad. This Avocado Quinoa Salad is packed with good-for-you ingredients and the best healthy lemon vinaigrette.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food quinoa citrus salad recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!