Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Gingerbread biscuits recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Gingerbread biscuits recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gingerbread biscuits recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we must keep away from them. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be very healthy and good for you. Several foods actually do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be actually terrific at beating back depression. Just see to it that you do not throw away the egg yolk. The yolk is the most crucial part of the egg in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, especially the egg yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can actually help you elevate your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the parts of your brain that affect your mood. Eat some eggs to feel better!
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gingerbread biscuits recipe. You can cook gingerbread biscuits using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Gingerbread biscuits:
- Get of butter.
- Prepare of brown sugar (1 cup firmly packed).
- Get of treacle (1 cup).
- Take of eggs, lightly wisked.
- Prepare of plain flour (4 cups).
- Use of self raising flour.
- You need of ground ginger.
- Take of ground cinnamon.
- Take of ground cloves.
- Get of bicarbonate of soda.
- Provide of egg whites (for icing).
- You need of pure icing sugar (2 2/3 cups) (for icing).
- Provide of fresh lemon juice (for icing).
Steps to make Gingerbread biscuits:
- Place butter, brown sugar and treacle in a saucepan over low – medium heat. Stir untill butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool for 10 mins.
- Combine butter mixture and and 2 eggs (not the 2 egg whites) in a large bowl, sift in flours, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and bicarbonate of soda over the butter mixture. Stir until well combined, kneed on a floured surface until smooth. Shape into a disc, cover with glad wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays (i line 4 trays personally) with baking paper. Roll out dough in portions to 5mm thick. Cut with cutters and and place on lined trays. Cook for 5-7 mins or untill golden..
- Cool on tray for 5 mins before transferring to wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough..
- Icing: Place egg whites in a bowl, use wooden spoon to lightly beat the egg whites until foamy, sift icing sugar over the egg and stir until smooth. Add lemon juice and stir until well combined. Put mixture in piping bag with desired nozzle..
- Optional: Add M&M minis to the biscuits with icing sugar.
In England, gingerbread varies from region to region. Grasmere Gingerbread ® from Cumbria is the best known. Ginger warms us up, no wonder its flavour evokes the winter season like nothing else. This recipe is for the perfect gingerbread-house building biscuit. These gingerbread biscuits have just the right amount of warming ginger, complemented with another favourite festive spice, cinnamon.
If you find this Gingerbread biscuits recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.