Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup. How to adapt using leftovers: For delicious Easy Beef Fajitas, simply use your roast beef leftovers instead of lamb. Coat the beef in the fajita seasoning. When you've got leftover roast beef, it can be.
This easy Roast Beef Bowl is made with leftover steak or pot roast! A delicious way to use up that extra food and make it into something extraordinary! Then, a few minutes before serving, stir in a half a cup of sour cream.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
How to adapt using leftovers: For delicious Easy Beef Fajitas, simply use your roast beef leftovers instead of lamb. Coat the beef in the fajita seasoning. When you've got leftover roast beef, it can be.
Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Make ready 3 cups of beef roast or steak that's been cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Make ready 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- Take 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Take 2 of small celery stems, chopped into 1/2" pieces.
- Take 1/2 of a small head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Make ready 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Prepare 8 cups of liquid (any combo of unsalted stock & water).
- Make ready 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Take 2 Tablespoons of ketchup.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- Get 2 teaspoons of salt to start.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- Get 2 cups of quartered button mushrooms.
Serve the whole thing over egg noodles and you have one of the best leftover pot roast pasta meals you have ever had. Use up extra roast beef or mince from a Bolognese with our best leftover beef recipes. Try our easy salads and sandwiches or entertain with canapés. To adapt the recipe to use leftover roast chicken, just cut up the chicken and add to the cooked sauce and veggies to heat through.
Steps to make Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Dump all ingredients except mushrooms into a large pot (at least 5 quarts), cover, turn the heat to medium high, and let soup come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickest pieces of cabbage are completely tender..
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy with crusty bread or rice, or just by itself! :).
If the weather is cool and you are kinda feeling like some comfort food than this is the perfect recipe for you! This recipe is a basic chicken and vegetable version, but you can even spice that up with a little. This is my take on the ubiquitous Latino stew, ajiaco. This version uses leftover roast beef, sweet red peppers, and creamy baby potatoes simmered together in a spicy broth. Use up leftover pork from a Sunday roast in these easy dinners.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!