Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Most of us have been taught to believe that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. However, if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that, when you consume them, can improve your mood. If you seem to be a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Some grains are really great for repelling bad moods. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all wonderful for helping you be in a happier state of mind. They help you feel full also which can truly help to better your mood. Feeling famished can really make you feel terrible! The reason these grains are so good for your mood is that they are easy for your stomach to digest. They are easier to digest than other foods which helps raise your blood sugar levels and that, in turn, improves your mood.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try some of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sophie's ham and cheese potato skins recipe. You can have sophie's ham and cheese potato skins using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins:
- You need 2 medium of sized cold baked potatoes (a bit smaller than a normal jacket potato)..
- You need 4 tbsp of creme fraiche (I actually used Lake District quark, it's creamier and cheesier).
- Get 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/2 of a small onion, chopped.
- Take 40 grams of grated or crumbled cheddar cheese.
- You need 50 grams of thick cut ham, chopped into small chunks (out chopped cooked bacon if you prefer).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins:
- Preheat oven to 180°C..
- Cut potatoes in half length ways, and scoop out the middle of the potatoes, taking care not to pierce the skin..
- In a bowl, add the potatoes insides, and all the other ingredients (except your ham)..
- Use a hand blender to mix until creamy and smooth..
- Using a spoon, mix in your ham..
- Spoon the mixture back into the skins..
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 mins..
- NB: you may wish to top your skins with cheese – I prefer not to, but it's up to you!.
Follow the recipe for Basic Crispy Potato Skins. Brush insides of potato skins with mustard. Drain and slice peppers or possibly pimientos. Drain and slice peppers or possibly pimientos. Top with slices of ham and a few strips of pepper/pimiento.
If you find this Sophie's ham and cheese potato skins recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.