Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie. Yes, you can make this homemade chicken pot pie recipe in advance. Just make the filling and let it cool completely in the fridge stored in an airtight container. The crust can also be made in advance and chilled in the fridge or even frozen.
This Creamy Chicken pot pie with puff pastry and vegetables is comfort food bliss! Read on to find out how to ensure you don't get a soggy bottom! I could literally eat it by the ladle.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, nickie's homemade chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
Yes, you can make this homemade chicken pot pie recipe in advance. Just make the filling and let it cool completely in the fridge stored in an airtight container. The crust can also be made in advance and chilled in the fridge or even frozen.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have nickie's homemade chicken pot pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie:
- Get 1 small of sour cream.
- Take 3 each of cream of chicken soup.
- Take 1 cup of chicken broth.
- Take 1 packages of frozen peas or you can use fresh, your choice.
- Take 1 packages of fresh baby carrots chopped up.
- Make ready 2 each of i use canned diced potatoes, but if you are feeling it, by all means, cut up some potatoes yourself.
- Get 1 of * don't forget to drop all your cut up potatoes into cold water to avoid browning.
- Take 4 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of bottle of italian dressing.
- Make ready of salt and pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 stick of parkay butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of pet milk.
- Take 1 of *or you can use milk.
- Take 2 packages of pilsbury ready made pie crusts (in a box near canned biscuits in the store)(it takes 2 boxes with 2 crust in each box).
- Get 1 of pam nonstick cooking spray.
- Get 1 of *you will need at least a 13×9 dish to cook this in, it feeds alot of people.
Homemade chicken pot pie might just be one of the most comforting dishes of all time. This version is made from scratch, giving it an extra special character that only comes with homemade crust and stew. While it might require a little extra time and effort, we promise. Boneless chicken breasts are seasoned with rosemary and sauteed in broth, then added to savory ingredients for a homemade chicken pot pie everyone will love!
Steps to make Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie:
- Start the night before you prepare this and wash and then marinade your chicken with the Italian dressing and salt and pepper then throw it the frige till you cook the next day..
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Cook chicken with the Italian dressing poured all over it until done.
- while chicken cooks, add 1/2 bag of peas, carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, two big spoonfuls of sour cream all in a large pot.
- Also add milk, butter, salt and pepper at this time..
- Heat this all up to a boil, stirring frequently, boil long enough to heat it all up and then turn it down and keep it warm..
- Next after you cook your chicken, cut it all up to your desired size. I like nice, at least in inch size peices.
- After you take the chicken out of the oven, go by the directions on the box and spray your dish well with pam, line your.dish with 2 of the crusts, use a fork and make some holes in the dough to avoid big air bubbles (and let crust hang over the edges of your dish).
- Add the chicken to your mixture and stir it all up good. Let it simmer while your crusts cook.
- Next pour mixture into your dish over the cooked crust.
- Open the other box of 2 pie crust, and lay it across the top of the entire dish. Again, allow your crusts to overlay the edges of the dish all the way around, and polk a few fork holes in those crust and put entire dish back in the oven and cook on about 400° until crust is golden brown.
- **I almost forgot, I like to brush an egg wash over the crust, it makes it look and taste better**.
Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source, pre-made, in almost any grocery freezer aisle, we strongly believe that making your own, from. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe has a flaky crust on top of juicy chunks of chicken and vegetables creamy sauce!
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food nickie's homemade chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!