Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie. Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. All Reviews for Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a savory main dish that extends the pleasures of a holiday meal.
Leftover Turkey Pot Pie: ::Thinking to self:: "Mmm, Thanksgiving dinner was deeelicious. But now what to do with all these leftovers?? To make the Leftover Turkey Pot Pie, I gathered my leftovers.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
Left over turkey meat joins forces with peas, carrots, and green beans in a savory pot pie. All Reviews for Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. Leftover turkey and gravy inspired this savory pot pie that includes onions, mushrooms, garlic, and frozen vegetables in a savory main dish that extends the pleasures of a holiday meal.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- Get 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- Make ready 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- Get 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- Get 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- Get of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- Get 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Make ready of Pot pie topping.
- Make ready 1 of Pie crust dough.
There wasn't much left, not even any gravy, but I made due with what I had. Turkey pot pie is one of those magical makeovers: If you made turkey, gravy, pie, and anything with herbs and mirepoix, then you actually have all the ingredients you'll need to make a fresh-tasting dinner that's just as good as the Thanksgiving meal itself. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Brushing the crust with heavy cream and sprinkling with flaky sea salt is an absolute must.
Instructions to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
It's the perfect solution to leftover turkey, or as a substitute for the big bird itself at Thanksgiving. Or if you wish, make it with chicken, too! Leftover Turkey Tamale Pie – Sorry, Pumpkin, There's a New Thanksgiving Pie in Town. While I'm branding this as a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it's really a "how to make tamale pie" video, since you can sub in virtually. Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few!
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!