Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie. Save your Thanksgiving leftovers for a glorious Black Friday pot pie. Fill it with turkey and roasted vegetables from the holiday menu, then whip up an easy sauce to bring it all together. (Abel. Easy Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie Easy Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie.
Its the perfect little twist on the chicken classic! Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey and any additional vegetables. Turkey is all fun and games for a while.
Hello everybody, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, thanksgiving leftovers pot pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Save your Thanksgiving leftovers for a glorious Black Friday pot pie. Fill it with turkey and roasted vegetables from the holiday menu, then whip up an easy sauce to bring it all together. (Abel. Easy Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie Easy Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have thanksgiving leftovers pot pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Make ready 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of milk.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of leftover turkey gravy.
- Take 2 cup of leftover turkey – roughly chopped.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice).
- Take 2 cup of to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of leftover stuffing/dressing.
But usually by the time day three or four of eating Thanksgiving leftovers rolls around, I'm ready to stay far away from turkey dinner with cranberry. Turkey is all fun and games for a while. But usually by the time day three or four of eating Thanksgiving leftovers rolls around, I'm ready to stay far away from turkey dinner with cranberry sauce and stuffing until next November. Dare to break out of your post-Thanksgiving rut with this quick and simple turkey pot pie.
Instructions to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on)..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine..
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with..
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!.
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown..
Melt butter in a skillet or dutch oven. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and cook until translucent (a couple of minutes.) Toss leftovers vegetables plus shredded turkey into a cassreole dish and top with a prepared pie crust for dinner tonight. Get the Recipe: Turkey Pot Pie Bird to the Last Drop Turkey Pot Pie is a great way to use up that leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. And the best part of all, it is also easy to make! Bite size pieces of turkey nestled in a creamy sauce that is filled with vegetables and then topped with a pie crust.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food thanksgiving leftovers pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!