Classic Chicken Pot Pie. This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry.
Check out this budget-friendly take on the classic recipe complete with chicken, mixed vegetables, a rich homemade white sauce and a flaky pie crust. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen peas and carrots and Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts. To roll the pie crust rounds into a square, place the pastry on a lightly floured counter, pastry cloth or sheet of parchment paper.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, classic chicken pot pie. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This chicken pot pie recipe is loaded with flavor. It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. The only complicated part of making a pot pie is the pastry.
Classic Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Classic Chicken Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have classic chicken pot pie using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Classic Chicken Pot Pie:
- Make ready of Crust:.
- Take 2 cups of AP flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of butter, softened.
- Take 1/2 cup of ice cold water.
- Prepare of Filling:.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced.
- Make ready 1 pound of chicken, cubed.
- Get 3 of medium carrots, sliced thin.
- Get 3 of medium potatoes, small dice.
- Make ready 2 cups of frozen peas.
- Make ready 2 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- Take to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of corn starch.
This is the best Chicken Pot Pie recipe that I have had the pleasure of making and eating. From Pillsbury.com: What makes a classic? Chicken and mixed vegetables in a rich homemade white. My go to chicken pot pie recipe!
Steps to make Classic Chicken Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven 400°F..
- Start with filling. Saute onion in olive oil until translucent. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink. Add carrots, potatoes, and stock. Cook until potatoes are tender..
- While filling cooks, blend dry ingredients for crust. Cut in softened butter. Gently mix in water. Flour flat surface and roll out half the crust and place in 9" pie plate..
- When veggies are tender, mix corn starch into small amount of cold water or stock and add to chicken and veggies. Bring to a bubble and cook until thickened. Stir in peas and seasoning. Pour filling into crust..
- Roll out second half of the crust and top pie. Trim excess crust about 1" around pie plate, tuck and flute to seal edges. Cut a few slits as vents in top crust..
- Bake at 400° for 60 minutes or until crust is golden.
- After the family had their fill.
If you are having problems with the flavor being bland, I suggest preparing the chicken first then use the The crust of this recipe is great, but the filling is very bland. I've made other chicken pot pie recipes before and this isn't even half as good as my usual recipe. This is the definitive pot pie recipe: a creamy chicken stew loaded with onions, peas, mushrooms, and carrots, and baked under a rich, flaky crust. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's cozy comfort food that's wonderful in the winter!
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food classic chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!