PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie. Tessie shares her Favorite Pa Dutch Meal her Mamma would Make ,An Amish Lancaster County Staple on every table. Amish Chicken Pot Pie is a staple in the Pennsylvania Dutch community. Brothy and full of flavor In a large stock pot add chicken broth, chicken and a pinch of turmeric.
Pot pie is often served alongside Hot Bacon Dressing over greens which can be anything from dandelion greens to shredded iceberg lettuce. This Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie recipe is from my Pennsylvania Dutch great grandmother. I grew up eating this and love it.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, pa dutch chicken pot pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Tessie shares her Favorite Pa Dutch Meal her Mamma would Make ,An Amish Lancaster County Staple on every table. Amish Chicken Pot Pie is a staple in the Pennsylvania Dutch community. Brothy and full of flavor In a large stock pot add chicken broth, chicken and a pinch of turmeric.
PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook pa dutch chicken pot pie using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie:
- Prepare 4 cups of Cooked Chicken -about.
- Get 8 of large potatoes.
- Make ready 2 lbs of baby carrots.
- Make ready 1 jar of chicken soup base.
- Get 2 bags of potpie noodles.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cornstarch/1 cup cold water.
This Pennsylvania Dutch Chicken Pot Pie is a classic PA Dutch recipe that combines square egg noodles, chicken, and more in a delicious broth! Everyone thinks that "Chicken Pot Pie" is a meal that is served in a pie crust of some sort. Those are "meat pies." Chicken pot pie is actually a Pennsylvania Dutch dish and is more of a soup or stew. It is a little time-consuming to prepare, but you make your own noodles and, in the end.
Steps to make PA Dutch Chicken Pot Pie:
- In large stockpot start with 12 cups of water. Add soup base until fully dissolved..
- Once broth is to a simmer add precooked chicken, carrots and potatoes. NOTE – peel and cut potatoes into quarters. Add salt and pepper to taste. I usually add about a tbsp of both..
- Simmer covered on low for 1/2 hour or until carrots and potatoes are fork tender..
- Mix cornstarch with COLD water and mix into soup. Bring back to a simmer..
- Slowly add noodles. I usually drop 2-4 at a time in different spots so they don't clump together. Stir frequently..
- After all noodles have been added simmer for 10 minutes..
- Turn off heat and let rest for 1/2 hour. During this time it will thicken and the flavor will grow..
- Serve as you would soup or stew!.
This recipe for Pennsylvania Dutch chicken pot is one of our all-time favorite meals. Traditional comfort food that you just can't seem to get anywhere but the right in Traditional PA Dutch chicken pot pie. One pot old fashioned dinner with homemade noodles. They made their own pot pie noodles–I buy 'em. They used onion; I like leeks.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pa dutch chicken pot pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!