The Unorthodox Bibim Bab. If you're looking for The Unorthodox Bibim Bab recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best The Unorthodox Bibim Bab recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
You won't see soybean sprouts in it. And you won't see gochoojang(red bean paste) in it. I have the recipe attached because I made it.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, the unorthodox bibim bab. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
The Unorthodox Bibim Bab is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. The Unorthodox Bibim Bab is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
If you're looking for The Unorthodox Bibim Bab recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best The Unorthodox Bibim Bab recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have the unorthodox bibim bab using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make The Unorthodox Bibim Bab:
- Prepare 8 oz of bean sprouts.
- Get 1 bunch of spinach.
- Prepare 1 package of Enoki mushroom.
- Get 6 of dried Shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 of small cucumbers (pickle kind).
- Make ready of Some pickled carrots.
- Prepare 4 oz of beef brisket.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- Make ready of Sugar.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper.
- Get of Minced garlic (about 3 big cloves).
- Prepare of Eggs.
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
But for people who don't eat Asian food every day, it would be a waste of time to invest. Stir fry shallots, garlic and ginger then put chillies. Our take on bibimbap uses healthy brown rice and quick-cooking ground pork, plus sauteed mushrooms and spinach, and raw carrots and bean sprouts—and of course, a fried egg. Feel free to douse it liberally with gochujang, thinned out with a little vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil (and maybe a touch of brown sugar) for a saucier condiment.
Instructions to make The Unorthodox Bibim Bab:
- Wash bean sprouts and spinach. Drain well. Boil 5 cups of water. When water is boiled, add 1 tablespoon of salt. Put bean sprouts in and cook for 2 minutes. Remove and put into cold water. Rinse and drain the blanched bean sprouts. Boil the same pot of water and do the same thing with the spinach..
- Soak the dried shiitake mushrooms in warm water with some salt for a couple of hours or little more if needed. I soaked many more because I’m going to share with 2 neighbors..
- When the mushrooms are soft, squeeze water off and cut into strips..
- Wash the cucumbers. Cut into halves. Slice into not too thin slices, put into a bowl. Sprinkle about 2 pinches of salt and set aside for 30 minutes..
- Slice the beef brisket into strips just like the mushrooms. Add 1/2 tbsp of sugar, 1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of salt. Sprinkle some black pepper..
- In a bowl, put the blanched and drained bean sprouts. Add 2 pinches of salt and some black pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Some minced garlic. Mix well. Set aside..
- Squeeze excess water off the spinach. Cut into halves. Prepare the same way as the bean sprouts. Set aside..
- Cook the dried mushrooms in some oil on a medium heat(frying pan). Sprinkle salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Cook the Enoki mushrooms on high heat. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside..
- Cook the beef strips on high heat. Set aside..
- Squeeze excess water from the cucumbers. Prepare the same way as bean sprouts and spinach. Set aside..
- Put some hot rice into a bowl. Arrange all vegetables and beef on the top. Add some pickled carrots for color. You can add a lot if you plan not to have kimchi with the Bibim Bab..
- For the sauce, finely cut the wild chives, put into bowl, add 2 tbsp of soy sauce, pinch of sugar, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. The mixture should not be too watery. You can substitute wild chives with green onion. If it is watery, add more chives or green onions. If you want it to be a little spicy, add some ground red pepper (the ones used to make kimchi)..
- Fry an egg. Put on top of rice. Pour some sauce. Enjoy!.
Banana loaf Hey everyone, I hope you're having an amazing day today. Today, we're going to prepare a distinctive dish, banana loaf. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food the unorthodox bibim bab recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!