My lunch box Kimbap / Gimbap. Today I make my son's favorite kimbap. I also thought I'd share an easy and delicious back to school idea. Rice: Place freshly made rice in a large, shallow bowl.
Carrot, eggs, garlic, ground beef, kim, rice, salt, sesame oil, skirt steak, soy sauce, spinach, sugar, vegetable oil, yellow pickled radish. · Gimbap satisfies in many settings: as a light lunch for both adults and kids, as an easy-to-carry picnic and hiking snack, or even as a party appetizer. Great recipe for My lunch box Kimbap / Gimbap. There are many ways to make kimbap.
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, my lunch box kimbap / gimbap. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
My lunch box Kimbap / Gimbap is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. My lunch box Kimbap / Gimbap is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Today I make my son's favorite kimbap. I also thought I'd share an easy and delicious back to school idea. Rice: Place freshly made rice in a large, shallow bowl.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook my lunch box kimbap / gimbap using 12 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make My lunch box Kimbap / Gimbap:
- Prepare 5 of seaweed paper (sheets).
- Get 4 cup of cooked rice.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of beef skirt steak.
- Make ready 2 of eggs.
- Take 1 large of carrot.
- Take 1 large of zucchini.
- Get 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- Make ready 1 of garlic cloves.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
We usually bring kimbap along on picnics. There are many kinds of kimbap in Korea: kimchi kimbap, cheese kimbap, tuna kimbap, beef kimbap, nude kimbap, sesame leaves kimbap, etc. Gimbap (김밥) is a Korean dish made from cooked rice and other ingredients that are rolled in gim—dried sheets of seaweed—and served in bite-sized slices. The dish is often part of a packed meal, or dosirak, to be eaten at picnics and outdoor events.
Steps to make My lunch box Kimbap / Gimbap:
- Rice: Place freshly made rice in a large, shallow bowl. Gently mix in ½ teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoons sesame oil over top with a rice scoop or a wooden spoon..
- Let it cool down enough so it's no longer steaming. Cover and set aside..
- Steaks: Trim the fat from the skirt steaks and slice into ¼ inch wide, 3 to 5 inch strips..
- Put the strips into a bowl. Add 2 teaspoons soy sauce, 1 minced garlic clove, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, and 1 tablespoon oyster sauces. Mix well by hand.Set aside, and let them marinate..
- Eggs: Crack 2 eggs in a bowl and add ¼ teaspoon salt. Whisk eggs until evenly yellow and fry into flat omelet using 10 to 12 inch non-stick pan..
- Cut it into ½ inch wide strips. Put it on the platter..
- Carrots: Cut carrots into thick strips. Combine with ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix well and let it sweat for 5 to 10 minutes. Heat a non-stick pan..
- Squeeze out excess water from the carrot, then saute for about 1 minute. Put it on the platter next to the eggs..
- Zucchini: Cut zucchini into thick strips. Combine with ¼ teaspoon salt. Mix well and let it sweat for 5 to 10 minutes. Heat a non-stick pan..
- Squeeze out excess water from the zucchini, then saute for about 1 minute. Put it on the platter next to the eggs..
- Finish steaks: Heat up a non-stick pan over medium high heat and cook the marinated beef, stirring it with a wooden spoon until well cooked. Set aside.
- Put it on the platter next to the zucchini..
- Let's roll gimbap!!!.
- Place a sheet of seaweed paper on a bamboo mat (sushi roller) with the shiny side down. Evenly spread about ¾ cup of cooked rice over top of it, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on one side of the seaweed paper..
- Place beef, carrot, zucchini and a few egg strips in the center of the rice..
- Use both hands to roll the mat (along with seaweed paper and rice) over the fillings, so one edge of the rice and seaweed paper reaches the opposite edge. This centers the fillings in the roll, so they?ll be nicely in the middle when you slice it..
- Grab the mat with both hands and and press it tightly as you continue rolling the kimbap. Push out the mat as you roll, so it doesn't get wrapped in the kimbap..
- Remove the roll from the mat at the end and set the finished roll aside with the seam down, to seal it nicely.Repeat 4 more times with the remaining ingredients..
- Cut each roll into ¼ inch bite size pieces with a sharp knife, occasionally wiping it with a wet paper towel or cloth to clean the starch off and to ease cutting..
- Put it on a plate and serve immediately or pack it in a lunchbox..
Tiffin Lunch Box Bento Box Lunch Bento Lunchbox Japanese Bento Box Boite A Lunch Kimbap Branding Korean Food Recipe Box. Large selection of stainless steel, wood, plastic bento lunch boxes from Japan. assortment of totes. Kimbap are Korean rice rolls that look a lot like sushi. This recipe shows how to make kimbap with traditional (and not so traditional) fillings. Kimbap—also known as gimbap—are Korean rice rolls that might look a lot like sushi but in truth are nothing like it.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food my lunch box kimbap / gimbap recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!