Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup. Featuring flavourful ox cheek, and plenty of nourishing vegetables, this is a real winter treat which features only organic ingredients and no additives or enhancers. Perfect for those cold winter days, ideal for sharing with friends and family, this is sure to become a firm favourite. Cut the cheeks into slices and serve arranged on plates with the vegetables and a little soup.
The ox cheeks are gently braised until they become soft and tender and served with creamy celery purée and gremolata. Rich, meaty cut for fabulous casseroles. Braise low and slow for intensely rich flavour and an unmistakable, falling-apart texture.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ox cheek and vegetable soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
Featuring flavourful ox cheek, and plenty of nourishing vegetables, this is a real winter treat which features only organic ingredients and no additives or enhancers. Perfect for those cold winter days, ideal for sharing with friends and family, this is sure to become a firm favourite. Cut the cheeks into slices and serve arranged on plates with the vegetables and a little soup.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook ox cheek and vegetable soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup:
- Get 3 of medium onions, cut into quarters.
- Get 3 of medium carrots, peeled and cut thickly.
- Get 3 of stalks, cut thickly.
- Take 1/2 of of a Swede, peeled and thickly cut.
- Make ready 2 of Ox cheeks, cut into Bitesize chunks.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Take to taste of Ground black pepper.
- Take 2 of beef stock cubes.
- Get 2 l of water, plus more as required.
- Get Handful of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Prepare 150 g of approximately of pearl barley.
Add the Liquid: After searing the vegetables, place the meat back in the pan. Add wine, stock or a mixture, and herbs such as bay leaf, peppercorns or cloves. A hearty, warming soup, British inspired recipe, made with tender beef cheek, carrots, onions, swede and mushrooms. This recipe for braised ox cheeks delivers maximum flavour for minimum prep.
Steps to make Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup:
- Place the water in a large stock and and bring to the boil. Add the ox cheek one the water is boiling and stir well..
- Add the carrots, swede, celery, onions and leeks into the pot and bring back to boil..
- Add the thyme and barley and reduce to a simmer, Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 hours to 2.5 hours. May need more or less time, depending how long the meat takes to soften. Add more water if the pot starts to dry out too much..
Heat the oil in a wide flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based pan. Sear the cheeks on all sides, then set aside. Add the vegetables and garlic to. Remove ox cheeks from pot and set aside. Dice onions, chop garlic, and cube carrots and celery root.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ox cheek and vegetable soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!