Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup. This post may contain affiliate links. The key to this soup is taking your time to properly caramelize the onions before adding the wine or stock. I like to get those onions all golden and soft before adding in the leeks, shallots or garlic.
Now split them in half lengthways and slice them quite finely, then wash them thoroughly in two or three changes of water. In a large, thick-based saucepan, gently melt the butter, then add the leeks, onions and potatoes, stirring. I'm going to argue that this is the type of soup that needs to be made to order.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, cheddar onion and leek soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup is something that I have loved my whole life.
This post may contain affiliate links. The key to this soup is taking your time to properly caramelize the onions before adding the wine or stock. I like to get those onions all golden and soft before adding in the leeks, shallots or garlic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have cheddar onion and leek soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup:
- Get 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.
- Get 2 of large white onions.
- Get 2 of leeks.
- Prepare 3/4 quart of beef broth.
- Make ready 1 teaspoon of ground sage.
- Get To taste of salt and ground black pepper.
- Make ready 2/3 stick of butter salted.
- Make ready 1 cup of shredded cheddar Monterey jack cheese.
Stir in the shallots, onion, and a big pinch of salt. I make a broccoli/leek soup (although sometimes lacking leeks I just use whatever. Which kind of onion would you like in the recipe? When your onions and leeks are lovely and silky, add the stock.
Instructions to make Cheddar Onion and Leek Soup:
- Wash the leeks very well. Slice in half. Use all the white part, and the tender green part. Just make sure you rinse the leeks properly. Slice them thinly on a bias..
- Peel and slice the onion. Heat the butter and add the leeks and onions..
- Add the seasonings mix and sauté for 10 minutes.Then add the broth..
- Bring to a boil. Boil 15 minutes then reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer 30 minutes covered..
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese with Monterey jack. I hope you enjoy.
Feel free to push and dunk the bread into the soup a bit. Sprinkle with some grated Cheddar and drizzle over a little Worcestershire sauce. Add water, herbs (if desired) and bouillon. US cheddar is nothing like it. Think parmesan (parmigiano reggiano for example) only milder and it melts just as well as mozzarella.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food cheddar onion and leek soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!