Capitol Hill Bean Soup.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, capitol hill bean soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Capitol Hill Bean Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Capitol Hill Bean Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook capitol hill bean soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Take 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- Take 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- Prepare 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- Make ready 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Get 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- Take 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Prepare 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Make ready 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Instructions to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food capitol hill bean soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!