French Onion Soup.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, french onion soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. French Onion Soup is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have french onion soup using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Take of The Stock.
- Make ready 4 lb of lbs. cracked beef bones/soup bones w/o meat.
- Take 2 of onions, halved.
- Make ready 2 of scrubbed quartered carrots.
- Get 2 of celery stalks.
- Prepare of bouquet garni:0.25 tsp. thyme, 1 bay leaf, 6 parsley sprigs, 2 unpeeled garlic cloves, 2 whole cloves.
- Take 10 cups of water.
- Prepare of For the Onions and Soup.
- Make ready 1 1/2 lbs of or about 5 cups of thinly sliced yellow onion.
- Get 3 Tbsp of Tbs butter+1 Tbs Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of ⁄4 tsp sugar (helps the onions to brown).
- Take 3 Tbsp of flour.
- Get 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- Take of The strained Stock.
- Take to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of tbs Cognac, brings the flavors together.
- Prepare 4 of rounds of hard-toasted french bread.
- Get of Grated good Swiss Cheese to cover.
- Make ready of Cook and assemble.
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- Heat oven to 450F. Arrange the meat, bones, onions, and carrots in a cast iron pan. Place in the middle portion of the oven and roast for 30-40 minutes, turning occasionally until nicely browned..
- Remove from the oven and drain fat out of roasting pan. Transfer into an 8 or 10 quart soup kettle. Pour a cup or two of the water to the pan, set over heat (or back in the still hot oven). Scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom. Pour all that into the kettle..
- Tie the Bousquet garni in a coffee filter or cheese cloth..
- Cover ingredients with 10 cups water. Bring to a simmer, skim and add the salt, celery and bouquet garni. Simmer the stock for 4 to 5 hours. Strain the stock out of the kettle into a bowl..
- ONIONS, COOKING AND FINAL ASSEMBLY.
- Melt butter, add oil to a large pot. Add sugar and onions, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes..
- Raise heat and cook, stirring often on medium until golden, around 45 minutes.
- Stir in flour, cook for a minute and add stock and wine. Partially cover and simmer gently for one hour..
- Add Cognac, ladle into oven proof soup bowls, add bread slice and cover with cheese..
- Bake at 400 degrees until lightly brown..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!