Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup. Broccoli and cauliflower don't cause anywhere near the excitement the latest grain or berry that grows only in moonlight on the mysterious plains near the magical waterfall does, but they should. Googled broccoli and cauliflower soup and your soup recipe came up. Deliciously creamy lightened up cheddar cauliflower broccoli soup packed with veggies and incredible, cheesy flavor!
For fall and winter, this is one of my favorites. I keep frozen broccoli and cauliflower in my. Broccoli Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is your answer when you need a cozy dinner ASAP.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Broccoli and cauliflower don't cause anywhere near the excitement the latest grain or berry that grows only in moonlight on the mysterious plains near the magical waterfall does, but they should. Googled broccoli and cauliflower soup and your soup recipe came up. Deliciously creamy lightened up cheddar cauliflower broccoli soup packed with veggies and incredible, cheesy flavor!
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Get 5 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Take 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take 4 cups of broccoli.
- Make ready 1 cup of cauliflower.
- Make ready 2 stalks of celery.
- Make ready 1 of large carrot.
- Make ready 3 cups of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Take 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
I mean, we all remember the day we fell in love with Panera's version. This is a lovely soup with the addition of the broccoli & cauliflower. It is a lighter soup and the vegetables add a nice colour. Core and separate cauliflower into small flowerets.
Instructions to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture. Broccoli cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and perfect for chilly nights! This healthy soup recipe is a hit with my entire family! I like to serve this broccoli and cauliflower soup with some crumbled bacon and grated cheddar on top. A little sour cream would be nice too!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!