Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce Last summer, our garden produced so many peppers that I had no idea what to do with, so I dried them and crushed them into flakes and powders. I love spicy stuff, so I figured I would try to make a hot sauce.
This is a step by step tutorial of how to make your very own hot pepper sauce. Enter Heather's Heat and Flavor to find an incredible assortment of hot sauces, salsas, BBQ's, snacks, gourmet condiments, sea salts, peppercorns, select loose teas, herbs, spices and blends from faraway lands. Find pottery, mills […] How to Make Homemade Hot Sauce.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, heather's homemade hot sauce. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
We Have Almost Everything on eBay. Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce Last summer, our garden produced so many peppers that I had no idea what to do with, so I dried them and crushed them into flakes and powders. I love spicy stuff, so I figured I would try to make a hot sauce.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have heather's homemade hot sauce using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce:
- Make ready of Dry ingredients.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaves.
- Take 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Make ready 5 tbsp of cayenne pepper powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of habanero pepper powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ghost pepper powder (optional).
- Make ready of Wet ingredients.
- Take 4 cup of white vinegar.
- Get 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- Take 1/3 cup of honey.
- Get 1/2 cup of apricot preserves.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of spiced rum.
- Prepare 6 oz of can of tomato paste.
The traditional way of making hot sauce involves fermenting either straight hot peppers or a mix of hot and sweet peppers and other aromatic veggies (like garlic or onion). When the fermentation time is up, the whole shebang is blended with vinegar until smooth as silk. Homemade Hot Sauce is Awesome Sauce! When the garden does well and we get an overabundance of peppers, its time to make hot sauce!.
Instructions to make Heather's Homemade Hot Sauce:
- In a large saucepan, mix together all dry ingredients, except bay leaves..
- Add honey, apricot preserves, spiced rum, and tomato paste. Mix well..
- Whisk in all vinegars, saving 1/2 cup of white vinegar..
- Place on stovetop, add bay leaves and bring to a slow boil over medium heat..
- Once boiling, reduce heat to low and cover, simmering for at least 30 minutes..
- Turn off stove and let cool for 1 hour..
- Remove bay leaves and pour into a blender, blending until smooth..
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture into a clean saucepan. (Use a spoon to push it through the strainer, the mixture will be thick.) Discard the leftover pulp..
- Add 1/2 cup of white vinegar (more or less depending on preference) to the sauce, to thin to desired consistency..
- Cover and let cool completely before bottling..
There are times when its best to make things from scratch and times when it isn't the best use of your time or money. But if you use hot sauce on everything from pizza to tacos to scrambled eggs then you should definitely make your own hot sauce. The hot sauce recipe I'm sharing with you today is based off the ingredients on a Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce label, only made with fresh garlic and healthy mineral salt. And, of course, I had to tweak it to elevate the flavor and make it original by adding a few more simple ingredients. The result is (in my family's and friend's opinion at the very least) tastier than Frank's.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food heather's homemade hot sauce recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!