Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup. Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying!
It's rich and indulgent, but not so much that it weighs me down. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, squash, broccoli and cheddar soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Enjoy your favorite restaurant's broccoli Cheddar soup any time with this delicious recipe! My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying!
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have squash, broccoli and cheddar soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Take 1 of medium onion chopped.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic smashed.
- Make ready 1 of small squash.
- Take 3 tbsp of dried sage.
- Get 1/4 tsp of freshly grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne powder.
- Get 4 cups of vegetable stock.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Make ready 2 of medium heads of broccoli.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1/2 cup of canned coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese *.
- Get of salt & pepper *.
There are a few keys to making this soup really special Delicious, cheesy broccoli cheddar chicken couscous with sweet and spicy roasted butternut squash. You'll love this easy, cozy and quick dinner recipe for any night of the week! Slowly add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Season with salt and pepper and top with more cheddar.
Steps to make Squash, broccoli and cheddar soup:
- Quarter the squash and scoop out the seeds. Steam the quarters with the rind on for 30min or more, until soft. Some squash skin will be tough and should be removed once cooked, but others can be left on..
- Melt the butter with the oil in another pot and gently soften the onion and garlic. Add the squash, sage, nutmeg, cayenne and season with salt and pepper. Add the stock and water and heat on low until it is boiling..
- If you prefer you can just boil the squash – just leave it cooking in the stock for 10 minutes..
- Cut the broccoli heads into small pieces and add to the pot with the bay leaves. Cook for 10 minutes..
- Remove the bay leaves and use a hand blender to puree the ingredients in the pot..
- Return the pot to the heat add the coconut milk and half of the cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is fully mixed and taste the soup. Add more Cayenne for heat, and more cheese if you think it needs it. Cheddar will be salty so don't overdo the seasoning before adding the cheese..
Spaghetti squash has a lot of water in it-you don't want that moisture at the bottom of your quiche. However, it won't dry out completely and won't be Place equal amounts of the broccoli, cheese and bacon in each squash "cup." Whisk together the eggs and milk and season with salt and black pepper. I love broccoli cheddar soup and will be making this soon! How much (volume) chopped onion do you estimate is in "one small onion"? Also, I typically add my cream/milk after pureeing because I worry it will overcook — is there a benefit to putting it in while you are cooking the carrots and broccoli?
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food squash, broccoli and cheddar soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!