Broccoli Cheddar Soup. My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. There are tons of variations and options to make this soup your own.
Curdling in a cream soup usually occurs when the milk or cream is added at too high of a heat. As you incorporate the milk and broth into the cooked onion and flour mixture, keep the heat at medium and stir continuously with a whisk. Once all is mixed in, then proceed to heat to a boil.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, broccoli cheddar soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
My husband loves Panera® broccoli cheddar soup but it went up in price and therefore we set out on a hunt to create the perfect broccoli cheddar soup. Here is what we came up with. There are tons of variations and options to make this soup your own.
Broccoli Cheddar Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Broccoli Cheddar Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have broccoli cheddar soup using 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Take 1 of large onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic,minced.
- Take 2 of carrots, diced to the size of your liking.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of butter.
- Take 1/4 cup of flour.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 2 cups of half and half.
- Get 3-4 cups of chicken stock*.
- Take 6-7 heads of broccoli crowns.
- Get 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Get of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- Take 4 oz of cream cheese.
Puree the soup in batches in a blender until smooth; you'll still have flecks of. How to Store and Freeze Broccoli Cheddar Soup Leftovers of this soup will last in the fridge for about five days and reheat well in the microwave or over low heat on the stovetop. You can also freeze this soup for up to three months! Let it cool completely, then transfer it to freezer containers or bags and freeze.
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan..
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic..
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes..
- Add half and half..
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups..
- Add bay leaf..
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference..
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes..
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters..
- I threw about 1/2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you…
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender..
- Remove bay leaf..
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup..
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup..
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese..
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆.
- Ladle up and enjoy!! I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!.
Stir in broccoli, carrots, and celery. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Add milk and bring to a simmer, then stir in cheddar. Healthy broccoli cheddar soup packed with carrots, broccoli, garlic, and cheese. Creamy comfort in a bowl with tender broccoli, Cheddar cheese, and SO MUCH FLAVOUR!
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food broccoli cheddar soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!