Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!. The blue cheese flavor is kind of subtle, but makes the soup tasty. Add flour and whisk briskly to form a roux. Add potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and spices.
A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Also reserve a small handful of crumbled cheese. Serve the soup in bowls, then scatter with crumbled cheese and broccoli for a stylish garnish.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, healthy broccoli and blue cheese soup!. It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The blue cheese flavor is kind of subtle, but makes the soup tasty. Add flour and whisk briskly to form a roux. Add potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower and spices.
Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook healthy broccoli and blue cheese soup! using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!:
- Make ready 1 of broccoli head.
- Get 2 of celery sticks.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- Get of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Prepare 100 g of Blue cheese or stilton.
- Prepare of Black pepper to season.
Creamy Broccoli and Cauliflower Soup with Blue Cheese. This Soup recipe is so easy to make and extra special because this is my Mom's recipe and I love this. This vegan-friendly Healthy Broccoli and Cheese Soup has all the flavor of the traditional recipe but with no cream, less calories and less fat! Gorgonzola cheese punches up the flavor in Broccoli Soup with Blue Cheese.
Instructions to make Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!:
- Peel the garlic, trim and roughly chop the celery and broccoli..
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, then soften the garlic, onion, and celery for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and soften for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you have pre made stock, then great! I don’t so I will use 1 litre of HOT water, 2 chicken stock and 1 vegetable stock cube. Add the cubes to the water and make sure they dissolve.
- Add the stock to the pan, season with black pepper and cover and leave to simmer until broccoli is cooked. (Approx 15 minutes).
- Carefully pour the contents into a food processor and blend until smooth TOP TIP – don’t try to tip the soup directly from the pan as it goes EVERYWHERE. Use a ladle…. it’s much easier!!!.
- Stir in your crumbled cheese, allowing a few lumps to remain. I have used 100g but if you want a stronger flavour, add more. Season with black pepper and salt (remember the stock already contains salt) according to your tastes and serve..
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. Any blue cheese will work here. We sampled raw milk cheeses in Britain. Stichelton, in particular, is a raw milk cheese that gives Stilton a run for its money. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food healthy broccoli and blue cheese soup! recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!