Broccoli blue cheese soup. A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Also reserve a small handful of crumbled cheese.
This Soup recipe is so easy to make and extra special because this is my Mom's recipe and I love this. I have been making broccoli cheese soup for years but this version is MUCH easier!! Light and creamy broccoli soup with Danish blue cheese.
Hello everybody, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, broccoli blue cheese soup. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Broccoli blue cheese soup is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Broccoli blue cheese soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
A smooth vegetable soup with blue cheese that's great for a comforting meal. A broccoli and stilton soup recipe triple-tested by the BBC Good Food team. Also reserve a small handful of crumbled cheese.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have broccoli blue cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Make ready of Ingredients.
- Take 2 of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- Take 1/2 pinch of ground cumin.
- Get 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Take 1 pinch of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- Make ready 60 grams of blue cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot or parsnip.
- Make ready 30 grams of butter.
- Take 150 ml of heavy cream.
- Make ready 4 cup of hot water.
- Get 1 head of Broccoli (or 2).
- Get 1/2 cup of dried potato flakes.
The blue cheese can be substituted for other cheeses such as blue Stilton or Gorgonzola. The most popular new book about soup and only soup comes from British restaurateur John Vincent and food writer Jane Vincent. Leon Happy Soups brings the recipes from the beloved London produce palace straight to your own kitchen. Remember: A boring bowl is not a happy bowl.
Steps to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy thanks to a potato and cheddar cheese (no cream, no flour!). I have high standards for broccoli cheese soup.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!