Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup. Loaded with ham, cheese, potatoes and TONS of broccoli! It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year. Because a broccoli soup always makes me feel good about myself.
Easy to make, with a quick recipe video included, this is a hearty yet healthy meal! This is a chunky Broccoli and Potato in a thick and creamy soup broth that's made with no cream. It's hearty, filling and surprisingly low-cal(ish), clocking.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, potato broccoli ham and cheese soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Loaded with ham, cheese, potatoes and TONS of broccoli! It is the perfect cozy, comforting soup for any time of the year. Because a broccoli soup always makes me feel good about myself.
Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook potato broccoli ham and cheese soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup:
- Make ready 1 head of fresh brocolli.
- Make ready 2 cups of finely diced ham.
- Get 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Take 1/4 cup of flour.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Make ready 8 cups of potatoes (peeled & chopped).
- Get 12 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Get 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take 6 slices of American cheese.
- Get 4 ounces of velveeta cheese.
This creamy and cheesy potato soup with broccoli comes together quickly for an easy and quick weeknight meal that everyone will love. But this broccoli potato cheese soup recipe doesn't sacrifice flavor in it's ingredient modifications, but instead is a healthyish version of my childhood fave. This broccoli potato cheese soup won't freeze well because of the dairy. If you don't have cheddar, try using another flavorful, good melting cheese such as Gruyere cheese.
Instructions to make Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup:
- Place water potatoes and salt in 8 quart pot. Boil until tender, around 20 minutes. Simutaneously, chop broccoli florets and stem and steam until tender, around 15 minutes..
- While boiling potatoes and steaming broccoli, melt butter in pot and cook onions until translucent. Mix flour into butter and onions. Slowly add white cooking wine stirring constantly until it is a smooth consistency..
- Remove water from potatoes and add 8 cups to sauce. Stir in milk and bring mixture to a simmer. Slowly add American and velveeta cheese, stirring until smooth..
- Add potatoes, ham, broccoli and pepper to the mixture and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
You could also use cauliflower instead of broccoli in this potato soup recipe. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! As the weather is getting cooler, it's the perfect soup to warm up and leftovers are great to pack for lunch. Like broccoli cheese soup meets creamy potato soup. · An easy cheesy dish that uses up that Christmas or Easter ham! My family looks forward to this one! · This broccoli cheese soup recipe is easy to make and loaded with broccoli and cheddar cheese.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food potato broccoli ham and cheese soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!