Broccoli Cheese Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup. This flavorful soup is made without heavy cream, milk or flour—or even vegetable broth. You'll just need a few basic ingredients to make it Watch how to make an excellent homemade broccoli cheese soup with plenty of fresh broccoli and Cheddar cheese.
I like to garnish this soup with a sprinkle of black pepper, some extra cheddar cheese and. Fresh broccoli cheese soup is a delicious meal for a winter's night. You can make it with fresh or frozen broccoli and any type of cheese that melts well.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, broccoli cheese soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Reviews for: Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup. This flavorful soup is made without heavy cream, milk or flour—or even vegetable broth. You'll just need a few basic ingredients to make it Watch how to make an excellent homemade broccoli cheese soup with plenty of fresh broccoli and Cheddar cheese.
Broccoli Cheese Soup is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Broccoli Cheese Soup is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook broccoli cheese soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Get 1/2 stick of butter.
- Make ready 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Get 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- Take 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Get 1 cup of half and half.
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 head of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- Make ready 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of dried thyme.
- Make ready pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
This recipe calls for sharp cheddar cheese. Broccoli Cheese Soup is the ultimate comfort food! This is deliciously cheesy, amazingly rich and creamy, and it has plenty of fresh broccoli (cut into itty bitty pieces of course) dotted throughout. The easiest and the best Broccoli Cheese Soup – this soup recipe is high on the list of our favorites.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Broccoli cheese soup, in case you needed reminding, is going to bring several good things into your life: a delicate start of butter and garlic and onions, a silky-smooth soup base, little bite-sized bits of. In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to be virtuous. I put potatoes and chicken in it one time to experiment and it was delicious! This soup is good I'm so many ways!
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food broccoli cheese soup recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!