Indian style – spicy carrot dish. This simple stir-fried carrot dish can be eaten warm as a side dish or cool as a salad. Its use of spices—curry leaves, mustard seeds, turmeric, red chili powder, and green chilies—is minimal, and they don't overwhelm the carrots' earthy flavor. In Indian cuisine, carrots get transformed into a variety of dishes, so this is just the beginning.
Grate carrot using a grater with small holes and keep aside. Pour oil in a fry pan, add mustard seeds, when they splutter add Bengal gram, chopped onions, crushed garlic and curry leaves and fry until onions have turned golden brown. Then add asafoetida and mix well.
Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, indian style – spicy carrot dish. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
This simple stir-fried carrot dish can be eaten warm as a side dish or cool as a salad. Its use of spices—curry leaves, mustard seeds, turmeric, red chili powder, and green chilies—is minimal, and they don't overwhelm the carrots' earthy flavor. In Indian cuisine, carrots get transformed into a variety of dishes, so this is just the beginning.
Indian style – spicy carrot dish is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Indian style – spicy carrot dish is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have indian style – spicy carrot dish using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Indian style – spicy carrot dish:
- Take 2 of big carrot- cut to strings with a peeler or with spiralizer.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil/coconut oil.
- Make ready 1 of yellow Onion cut into cubes.
- Prepare of Ginger- a small slice chopped.
- Prepare 3-5 of garlic cloves – chopped.
- Make ready 1 of big tomato cut Into cubes.
- Make ready 1/2-1 tsp of Chicken masala spice (or more -to your liking).
- Take of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoons of or more Coconut flakes.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Milk.
- Prepare of Sour cream (optional).
Now add grated carrot and salt. Heat oil in a pan and saute the chillies. Add onion and saute until pink. Add grated carrot and mix well.
Steps to make Indian style – spicy carrot dish:
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the Onion and cook it until golden brown, add the garlic and ginger and continue cooking..
- Add the tomato, 1 cup of water and spices..
- Cook until the tomatoes are soft and start to dissolve and the dish become thick. (about 10-15 min)..
- Add the carrots and cook until soft, add the milk and coconut flakes, cook until there is a little liquid left..
- Fix spices as needed..
- Enjoy with some yummy sour cream on the side for a subtle taste and for some delicious creaminess..
Add salt to taste and a pinch of garam masala. Made with fresh carrots, green chilies, ginger, Indian pickle spices, sugar, and tamarind. This carrot green chili pickle is crunchy, spicy, with a balance of sweet and sour taste. It called Gajar ka achar in Hindi. I love the classic curries dishes with rice, however, I also love including similar flavour into different other dishes.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food indian style – spicy carrot dish recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!