Crock Pot Split Pea Soup. Discover a delicious split pea soup recipe with ham hocks, carrots, and dried split peas. It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home.
Delicious crock pot recipes for Pot Roast, Pork, Chicken, soups and desserts! Welcome to our site dedicated to all things slow cooking! This is a great way to make split pea soup – just let it cook itself all day long.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, crock pot split pea soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Discover a delicious split pea soup recipe with ham hocks, carrots, and dried split peas. It's cooked in the crock pot and is easy to customize. Split pea soup is pure comfort food for many and it's surprisingly easy to make at home.
Crock Pot Split Pea Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Crock Pot Split Pea Soup is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have crock pot split pea soup using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Crock Pot Split Pea Soup:
- Make ready 7 cup of water.
- Take 1 packages of Dry Split Green Peas (1lb bag of beans).
- Take 1 packages of Smithfield Ham Slice, diced (1.5 lb).
- Take 1 each of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 each of Green Bell Pepper, diced.
- Get 2 stick of Celery, chopped.
- Prepare 3 stick of Carrots, chopped.
- Make ready 4 dash of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Black Pepper.
- Get of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of Crushed Red Pepper.
I like the addition of rice in this recipe. Pour chicken broth and water over all. Remove the meat from the bone and discard the bone. You can mash the peas, spoon them into the blender, or use an immersion blender to make the soup creamier.
Instructions to make Crock Pot Split Pea Soup:
- Add thick coat of NON STICK SPRAY to your Crock Pot ( slow cooker )..
- Add water, beans, celery, bell pepper, onion, carrots and seasonings..
- Add diced ham ( it is cheaper to buy the big thick slice and dice yourself ) … Give a good stir to thoroughly combine..
- Cook on high 6-8 hours. ( Or cook on low 10-12 ).
- Optional: Serve with warm sliced bread/crackers! Enjoy!.
This crockpot split pea soup recipe is not only good and healthy but really inexpensive to make too! If you don't have a leftover ham bone you usually can find a ham hocks/shanks in the meat dept for next to nothing. Crock-pot® split pea soup is a vegetable-based soup made from peas and other ingredients that are freshly prepared and simmered in a crock-pot®. A When preparing crock-pot® split pea soup, many cooks use vegetable broth as a base. Alternately, vegetarian or chicken bouillon cubes may.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food crock pot split pea soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!