Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Beef Tamale Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Beef Tamale Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Tamale Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Goodies.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy foods can help us truly feel better within our bodies. When we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we typically feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Whole grain foods are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. When you require a fast snack food on your way out the door, do not forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef tamale pie recipe. You can cook beef tamale pie using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Beef Tamale Pie:
- You need 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 (15.25 oz) of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1 (15.25 oz) of can whole kernel corn, drained.
- Use of ~For the sauce.
- Prepare 2 (10 oz) of cans enchilada sauce.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Take 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Use of ~For the masa dough.
- Use 2 cups of masa harina.
- Get 2 cups of chicken broth or water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of oil (corn oil is the norm, but you can use veg).
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of baking powder.
Instructions to make Beef Tamale Pie:
- In a large Sautee pan over medium heat begin cooking ground beef and onion together, crumbling meat into large pieces. Meanwhile drain and rinse black beans and corn in a large colander. When no pink remains in beef drain in colander over corn and beans. Leave set aside..
- Return empty pan to heat. Add all ingredients for sauce. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Add colander contents to sauce. Stir to coat. Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes uncovered..
- While sauce simmers, in a medium bowl mix all contents for masa dough until well combined. Note: You should have a firm yet moist dough that sticks together and could form a ball. If it's too dry add a little more water a tbs at a time. If it's too wet add a little more masa a tbs at a time..
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Press a little less than 2/3 of the dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 2qt casserole dish. Fill with meat mixture..
- Spread remaining masa dough over the top to cover. It actually works best to form chunks of dough into patties by hand and lay across the top evenly, then pinch seams closed..
- Cover dish with foil. Place in oven and bake 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes. Top with desired garnishes – cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce, etc – and enjoy!.
Easy beef tamale pie is a Mexican-inspired casserole recipe with ground beef, beans, and veggies with a cheesy cornbread baked on top. Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner and today we're sharing an old fashioned classic…an easy tamale pie with ground beef. Quick and easy Beef Tamale Pie is a family favorite old school casserole with a layer of beef mixed with salsa and cheese and topped with cornbread. While the masa dough is chilling, add the beef to a skillet over medium heat and brown. If there is a lot of grease in the pan, drain the beef before going on to the next step.
If you find this Beef Tamale Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.