Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, country style bean soup with ribbles. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook country style bean soup with ribbles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare of Soup.
- Take 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Make ready 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Make ready 64 oz of Water.
- Make ready 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- Take 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Get 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 3 medium of Potatoes.
- Get 1 tbsp of Salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Get of Ribbles.
- Make ready 1 cup of Flour.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Make ready 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Water.
Instructions to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!