Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kansai-style Okinomiyaki recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kansai-style Okinomiyaki recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods honestly do elevate your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etcetera are all great for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more of this chemical in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of raising your mood, can be a great source of protein.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kansai-style okinomiyaki recipe. To make kansai-style okinomiyaki you need 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kansai-style Okinomiyaki:
- You need 300 grams of ● Flour.
- Take 270 ml of ● Dashi stock (1 tablespoon of granules dissolved in 270 ml of water).
- Prepare 1 pinch of ● Salt.
- Prepare 100 ml of ●Milk.
- Provide 1 tsp of ● Sugar.
- Take 1 of ● Egg.
- Get 2 tsp of ● Baking powder.
- Get 15 of cm ● Japanese mountain yam (grated).
- Use of 1 serving.
- Get 1 of ladle full ●.
- Get 3/4 of of a bowl ○ Cabbage (julienned).
- Take 1 of as neccessary ○ Japanese leeks (thinly chopped).
- Get 1 of as necessary ○ Squid tentacles (cut into 1 cm pieces).
- Get 1 of ○ Tempura balls, dried baby shrimp, pickled red ginger.
- Get 1 of ○Egg.
- Get of Toppings:.
- Use 1 of ☆ Pork, squid, shrimp, etc.
- Take of Sauce.
- Use 2 tbsp of and 1 tablespoon ★ Tonkatsu sauce, ketchup.
- Prepare 1 of ★ Mayonnaise.
- Get 1 of Bonito flakes, aonori.
Steps to make Kansai-style Okinomiyaki:
- Mix ● ingredients together and chill the batter for an hour. If you sift the flour, it will prevent clumping. (I am lazy so I don't and mix it after the batter is chilled.).
- Prepare the cabbage, leeks, and squid. Roughly chop the squid body in big pieces, and the tentacles into 1 cm length..
- Mix one ladle of batter with ○ and mix with a spoon to incorporate air (but avoid over-mixing)..
- Preheat an electric griddle to the lowest temperature, and grease with vegetable oil. Pour batter from Step 3 and your favorite ingredients on top. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, flip over, lower the temperature to lowest and cook for an additional 5-6 minutes..
- Cover with a lid and cook over a high heat for a minute. Flip over, brush over with the sauce and it's done (I cooked 2). The heat and time measurements are approximate..
Okonomiyaki is a staple Japanese food cooked on a grill. It is delicious, affordable, and very popular. Kansai style okonomiyaki, also called Osaka style okonomiyaki, is commonly found all over Japan. This style of okonomiyaki is made by mixing ingredients like cabbage and meat into a savory batter. Okonomiyaki – Japanese savoury pancake containing loads of shredded cabbage topped with egg Okonomiyaki is the famous Japanese savory pancake that is usually cooked at the dining table so.
If you find this Kansai-style Okinomiyaki recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.