Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, chocolate chunk sourdough bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have chocolate chunk sourdough bread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread:
- Prepare of **Sourdough Pre-dough**.
- Take 45 g of bread flour or all purpose flour.
- Take 30 g of sourdough starter (wet kind).
- Get 15 g of water (1 Tbsp), might need 1 more Tbsp.
- Prepare of **Main Dough**.
- Prepare 425 g of bread flour.
- Make ready 265 g of water (265 ml).
- Take 10 g of salt.
- Get 1/2 g of active dry yeast (1 heaping 1/8 tsp).
- Get 30 g of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 75 g of dark molasses (or honey).
- Prepare of **Mix-ins**.
- Get 100 g of semi-sweet chocolate, cut into chunks.
Instructions to make Chocolate Chunk Sourdough Bread:
- Mix the sourdough pre-dough together in a small bowl. Cover and let rest for 12 hours at room temperature..
- After 12 hours, mix the pre-dough with the main dough ingredients in a large bowl until the dough comes together..
- Remove to a floured working surface and knead for 15 minutes until smooth and elastic..
- Fold in the chocolate in batches..
- When all chocolate is folded in, knead for 1 more minute..
- Return dough to bowl, cover and let rise 2 hours at room temperature..
- After 2 hours, divide the dough into two equal portions. Shape into a round boules or longer oval loaf, or one each..
- Dust with a little flour and cover with a clean cloth. Let rise another 3 hours..
- Preheat oven to 230C/445F. While preheating, place a shallow tray at the bottom of the oven for creating steam. We'll be pouring in boiling water in right before baking to get the steam..
- When ready to bake, prepare some boiling water to pour in the tray at the bottom of the oven..
- Cut a slit down the center of each bread dough right before putting in oven to bake..
- Pour in some boiling water into the tray, then immediately put in the bread. Bake at 230°C/445°F for 10 minutes then remove the steam tray. Lower heat to 190°C/375°F and bak for another 25 minutes. (Total 35 minutes). Remove and let cool on a rack..
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chocolate chunk sourdough bread recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!