100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, 100% whole grain german rye loaf bread. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have 100% whole grain german rye loaf bread using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread:
- Prepare of Rye Sourdough:.
- Take 255 g of whole grain rye flour.
- Get 255 g of warm water.
- Get 25 g of rye sourdough starter.
- Make ready 2.5 g of salt.
- Take of Main Dough:.
- Make ready 370 g of whole grain rye flour.
- Prepare 11 g of salt.
- Make ready 20 g of molasses or honey.
- Prepare 260 g of warm water.
- Make ready of Optional mix-ins:.
- Prepare 100 g of toasted sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, dried fruits, etc. (or mix).
Instructions to make 100% Whole Grain German Rye Loaf Bread:
- (Day 1) Mix all ingredients for rye sourdough. Cover well and let ferment for 20-24 hours at room temperature. It should become frothy and bubbly..
- (Day 2) In a large bowl, measure out the rye flour, salt and molasses/honey for the main dough. Place rye sourdough from day 1 on top and pour over warm water. Mix with your hands or a sturdy wet spatula for about 5 minutes. It's VERY sticky and more like a "paste" than a dough – you won't be able to knead..
- When well mixed, add any mix-ins and incorporate evenly into the dough by mixing an additional 2 minutes or so..
- My dough looked like this after everything is finished..
- Grease a bread loaf pan with butter or oil and dust with flour. Another option is to line with parchment paper..
- Put in the dough and gently press into the loaf pan. Even out the top with a scraper or your hands..
- Dust top with flour (I used fine ground rye flour)..
- Let rise at room temperature (24°C/75°F) for 2 hours (it's okay if the temperature is not exactly that). It should rise up to the top of the loaf pan..
- While dough is rising, preheat oven to 250C/480F. Put a steam pan at the bottom rack of the oven when preheating for throwing in some boiling water for steam later. Prepare a kettle of boiling water as well..
- After the dough had risen, make a crisscross pattern on the top by gently pressing down with the edge of a pastry card or something similar. (about 5 mm or 1/4 inch or so deep)..
- Total baking time is 70 minutes…. Bake at 250C/480F for 10 minutes with steam. Then remove/release steam and turn temperature down to 200C/400F and bake for another 30 minutes. Remove the bread from its tin and put back in the oven for a final 30 minutes. Removing the bread from the pan lets the sides brown up into a nicer color..
- Let cool completely before slicing (its still cooking when you pull it out of the oven!), preferably waiting until the next day to let the flavors develop..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food 100% whole grain german rye loaf bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!