Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot). Do you love bread and beer? Beer has been part of human diets around the world for about as long as bread. Beer is, in fact, not real far from liquid bread.
It's only natural that beer tastes great when added to sourdough bread. The flavor of the beer and sourdough blends perfectly to make a bread with a. Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot) Recipe by Felice.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, sourdough beer bread (schwarzbierbrot). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Do you love bread and beer? Beer has been part of human diets around the world for about as long as bread. Beer is, in fact, not real far from liquid bread.
Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot) is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sourdough beer bread (schwarzbierbrot) using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot):
- Prepare of SOURDOUGH PRE-DOUGH:.
- Make ready 120 g of Rye flour.
- Prepare 110 ml of water (slightly less than 1/2 cup).
- Get 1 Tbsp of sourdough starter/mother (12 g).
- Get of POOLISH PRE-DOUGH:.
- Make ready 110 g of whole wheat or whole grain spelt flour.
- Prepare 110 ml of water (slightly less than 1/2 cup).
- Take 2 pinches of active dry yeast.
- Get of MAIN DOUGH:.
- Take 1 batch of each Finished sourdough + poolish from above.
- Get 270 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 115 g of dark beer or brown ale (1/2 cup).
- Prepare 2 g of active dry yeast (1/2 tsp).
- Take 10 g of kosher salt (2 tsp).
- Make ready 10 g of honey, optional (2 tsp).
- Prepare 1 handful of each flaxseed and sunflower seeds (optional).
Great recipe for Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot). This is a German-style hearty loaf. The combination of sourdough and dark beer/ale will give you a beautiful, rustic bread with a darker, crisp crust and wonderful aroma. Sourdough bread is made by the fermentation of dough using naturally occurring lactobacilli and yeast.
Instructions to make Sourdough Beer Bread (Schwarzbierbrot):
- In separate bowls, mix together the ingredients for the Sourdough Pre-dough and the Poolish Pre-dough. Cover each bowl with plastic and let it at room temp for about 20 hours..
- After 20 hours the Sourdough Pre-dough should be a little frothy and bigger. The Poolish Pre-dough will be bubbly and bigger..
- In a large bowl, mix together the two pre-doughs and the rest of the ingredients (except for flaxseed and sunflower seeds) until it comes together into a sticky lumpy dough..
- Remove the dough onto a well-floured cutting board and knead with the palm of your hands: push the dough down with your hand, fold in over itself and push down again, rotating as you go..
- Knead for 15-17 minutes. The dough will become more elastic and smooth. If it sticks a lot to the surface or your hands while kneading, dust with a little more flour and scrape up the dough from the surface to incorporate back in..
- If mixing in flaxseed/sunflower seeds, gradually knead them into the dough after the 15 minutes of kneading..
- Form into a ball and return to the bowl. Cover with plastic and let rise for 2 hours at room temp (the the dough over itself after 1 hour and return to bowl)..
- After 2 hours of rising, remove the dough, turn upside down and fold the sides up to form into a ball again (this helps make sure the exposed part of the dough's skin gets moistened again. Let sit for 20 minutes covered with wrap..
- Form the round dough into a long, cylindrical loaf. Place it fold-side down on parchment paper and let rise for another 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 480°F/250°C. Place a shallow pan at the bottom rack which we'll use to create steam later. (prepare some boiling water for this too).
- When ready to bake, cut a 1 cm deep slit down the center of the bread. (I sprinkled the top of my bread with flaxseed, but I don't recommend this because it got too dark during baking)..
- Place the loaf on the center rack on a baking sheet and pour boiling water into the pan below it. Bake for 10 minutes, then carefully remove the tray of steaming water. Turn oven down to 430°F/220°C and bake for 30-35 minutes until the crust is dark and crisp..
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for about 1 hour..
- Slice and enjoy with butter, cheese, or your favorite accompaniments with bread :).
The lactic acid produced by the lactobacilli gives it a more sour taste and improved keeping. This week, Joshua Weissman travels alllllll the way to the big apple, just to show me how to make bread! I mean, I'm sure he did other things while he was. Sourdough bread is made entirely using wild yeast — with a strong, active sourdough Also, note that sourdough breads don't always necessarily taste sour. She is the author of True Brews and Brew Better Beer.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food sourdough beer bread (schwarzbierbrot) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!