Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. Because of this we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be eating that will have a good effect on your health.
Now when it comes to the main food items that you have for dinner, you might want to be certain that you’re eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. You will recognize that salmon can also be rich in Omega-3 and other nutrients. Now when you elect to have a steak for dinner one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you’ll need for the day. Also before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you ought to take these tips to heart. Also if you remove all the unhealthy food that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hiroshima-style okonomiyaki recipe. You can cook hiroshima-style okonomiyaki using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki:
- Take of <Crepe>.
- Provide 50 g of Plain Flour *about 1/3 cup.
- You need 100 ml of Water.
- Take of Oil for cooking.
- You need of *You must save 2 tablespoons batter.
- Provide of <Toppings>.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes) *optional, crumbled.
- Take 2 handfuls of thinly sliced Cabbage.
- Provide 1 handful of Bean Sprouts.
- Get 2 tablespoons of ‘Tenkasu’ *also called ‘Agedama’.
- You need of *Note: ‘Tenkasu’ is Deep-fried Tempura Batter Chips and it can be impossible to find for many of us. The best substitutes are ‘Fried Shallots’, ‘Shrimp Crackers’ or Indian ‘Boondi’.
- Prepare 50 g of thinly sliced Pork.
- Use 1 of serving (100g) Yakisoba Noodles OR Stir-fry Noodles.
- You need of Salt & Finely Ground Pepper.
- Take 1 of Egg.
- Use of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- Take 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- Get of Aonori (Finely Shredded Green Seaweed) *optional.
- Prepare of Benishoga (Red Pickled Ginger) OR Pink Pickled Ginger *optional.
Steps to make Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki:
- Make the crepe batter by mixing Flour and Water, and set aside. Prepare the vegetables..
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, apply a small amount of Oil, and reduce the heat to medium low. *Note: If you use a not-stick frying pan, simply heat over medium low heat and apply a small amount of Oil..
- Spread the batter to create a crepe about 18cm in diameter. (The larger the crepe is, the harder to flip over.) *You must save 2 tablespoons batter..
- Sprinkle with the crumbled Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes) (*optional). Place thinly sliced Cabbage, Bean Sprouts and ‘Tenkasu’ (OR the substitute), drizzle the saved batter over, and cover with Pork slices. Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper..
- When the crepe is nicely browned, carefully flip the whole thing over using 2 turners so that the Pork slices are now touching the frying pan. FIGHT against the temptation that you want to press it down, and let it cook slowly for 4 to 5 minutes. (Slow steam-cooking makes the Cabbage sweet.) Then you may press it down..
- *Tips: Some vegetable pieces would fly off all over the frying pan when you flip it over. Just gather them back to the pancake..
- Meanwhile, cook Yakisoba Noodles in another frying pan, with a small amount of Oil. Season with Salt & Pepper, OR/AND Okonomiyaki Sauce. Carefully transfer the whole pancake, as Pork slices are facing down, onto the Noodles..
- Crack an Egg onto the emptied frying pan and spread it out into the same size as the crepe. Carefully transfer the whole pancake with the Noodles onto the Egg. Cook for another 1 minute until the Egg is cooked..
- Flip over the completed Okonomiyaki, and transfer to the serving plate..
- Spread a generous amount of Okonomiyaki Sauce on the top, sprinkle with Aonori (*optional) and finely chopped Spring Onion, and enjoy with Pickled Ginger (*optional). Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki is traditionally served WITHOUT mayonnaise..
Hiroshima okonomiyaki is made with flour, cabbage, and egg, plus yakisoba noodles for extra Try out a different version of a Japanese favourite with this easy Hiroshima okonomiyaki recipe. Hiroshima-style Okonomiyaki loaded with sautéed soba noodles, smoky tofu, cabbage and topped with a soft tofu omelet! Plus it's brushed with a sweet and savory sauce and drizzled with mayo! Hiroshima Style Okonomiyaki is a layered pancake with the batter making up only a thin layer at This is a full size Hiroshima Style Okonomiyaki (Japanese Layered Pancakes) served on its own as. This Hiroshima Okonomiyaki is a twist on the traditional Japanese savoury pancake as it layers ingredients including yakisoba noodles and egg.
If you find this Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.