Sourdough Pita Bread. Sourdough Pita Bread is actually quite easy to make. Using sourdough starter instead of yeast extends the time, but it's mostly hands-off. The payoff is a big boost in flavor and an amazing texture.
Making sourdough pita bread from a starter is very simple. It does take a long time, but it is so worth it. Pita bread is ancient, but still best when eaten fresh of course… Pita or pitta, which ever spelling you use, here's my sourdough version… As I have with other recipes, I've used my master recipe and process to make these.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, sourdough pita bread. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sourdough Pita Bread is actually quite easy to make. Using sourdough starter instead of yeast extends the time, but it's mostly hands-off. The payoff is a big boost in flavor and an amazing texture.
Sourdough Pita Bread is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Sourdough Pita Bread is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook sourdough pita bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sourdough Pita Bread:
- Prepare 1 Cup of sourdough starter.
- Get 1 1/2 Cup of kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat).
- Take 1/2 Cup of Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe).
- Prepare 2 cup of white flour.
- Make ready 2 Tsp of your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame).
- Get 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Take 2 Tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of room temperature water (after boiling).
This was my very first time making pita and they came out GREAT! Adjust the time needed, depending upon the outcome of the pita bread, if too brown and crunchy lessen the time, if too soft and pale, extend the. Sourdough Pita Bread recipe is surprisingly easy to make, and it's a delicious flatbread with a built-in pocket for all the delicious things. Stuff with your favorite hummus and veggies for a healthy, filling meal.
Steps to make Sourdough Pita Bread:
- Mix all dry ingredients first then add liquid. Slowly adding water to your mixing bowl while incorporate all ingredients together by hand. Knead your dough into a big smooth ball..
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll them into 4 smaller balls. Press down and roll the dough into 4 oval shape at about 1/4 inch thickness. Gently transfer the dough into 2 gallon size ziplock bags and allow them to rise at 90F oven(lamp only) for 6 hours or overnight on your countertop at room temperature about 65F..
- The next morning, heat your oven to 400 F degree. Transfer your dough onto a large metal non-sticking baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. You will see the bread puff up to form a large pocket. If no pocket forms, it still taste delicious..
Sourdough Pita with Freshly Milled Emmer. Recently, with the help of Mockmill, a great stone mill attachment for KitchenAid-compatible mixers, I. I've been making pita breads with yeast for a while now. Want to learn how to make and bake sourdough? Love the aroma, taste, and texture of homemade bread?
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food sourdough pita bread recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!