Basic Sourdough Bread.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, basic sourdough bread. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Basic Sourdough Bread is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Basic Sourdough Bread is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook basic sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Sourdough Bread:
- Prepare 500 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 5 g of salt.
- Take 50 g of active starter.
- Make ready 350 g of warm water.
Steps to make Basic Sourdough Bread:
- Taking 30g starter from the fridge, let it in room temperature. Add 30g warm water + 30g bread flour. Stir it well and let it rise double in size. When you see alot of bubbles, it’s done. It took me 3 hours in the summer. This is active starter. (50g)..
- In a mixing bowl, mix warm water with active starter. Add flour and salt. Mix it all together loosely, so that it’s pretty ragged but all the flour and water is mixed. Cover and autolyse 1h..
- Stretch and fold the dough and bring it into a smooth ball of dough. Literally pick up a handful of dough from one side of the bowl, lift it, stretch and fold it over the rest of the dough to the other side of the bowl; you don’t need to pull it tight. Then turn the bowl and repeat the process, do it about 15-20times maximum, until its a smooth ball. Cover the bowl again and leave it out on the kitchen counter; perform the lifting and folding actions 2 to 4 times after resting 30 minutes..
- Recover the bowl, and leave it on the counter overnight if in the winter. It took me 6hr in the summer to see it 2.5 bigger in size..
- Get your banneton out and liberally flour it with rice flour. It needs to be really well floured, all the way up the sides, so that the dough doesn’t stick. Turn down the dough on to the light floured surface and divide in 2 small loaves. Round 2 balls of dough and rest 10’. Covered. Tighten and shape the dough. Place them in banenton..
- Cover it again with a plastic bag/shower cap, and put it in the fridge for minimum 1 hour, maximum up to 3 hours. I put it in the kitchen counter (double in size after 45 minutes).
- After this time, preheat the oven to 250oC. No need to heat Dutch oven. Once the oven is up to temperature, line the Dutch oven with a sheet of parchment baking paper. Place the tin over the top of the banneton, then invert it/turn it all over together to turn the dough into the pot. Slash the top of the dough with a a clean razor blade, put the lid on and bake it for 40’. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes..
- When done, remove the whole pans from the oven, carefully take the loaves from the pan. Leave the loaves on a rack to cool..
- Wait AT LEAST an hour before you slice into it. If you cut into the loaf too soon, steam will fill all of those carefully crafted holes and make the bread gummy..
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food basic sourdough bread recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!