Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole. This casserole combines chopped cabbage with ground beef, tomato sauce, and rice. In a large, deep, foil roasting pan, I put a layer of cabbage and covered that with the meat/rice mixture. Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
Cabbage Roll Casserole is an easy family favorite. It combines all the delicious flavors of stuffed cabbage rolls with a lot less time and effort. This delectable casserole makes eight healthy servings and leftovers heat perfectly in the microwave.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, layered cabbage roll casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
This casserole combines chopped cabbage with ground beef, tomato sauce, and rice. In a large, deep, foil roasting pan, I put a layer of cabbage and covered that with the meat/rice mixture. Bring to a boil and stir in rice.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have layered cabbage roll casserole using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole:
- Make ready 1 of medium head of cabbage, sliced into ½" strips.
- Get 2 lbs of ground beef.
- Make ready 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of uncooked rice.
- Get 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Get 1/4 tsp of ground cloves.
- Take 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Get 24 ounces of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 15 ounces of tomato sauce or 1 cup v8 juice.
- Take 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
Cabbage rolls are popular in Balkans, parts of Europe, Iran and Northern China. Cabbage Roll / Golabki are also very popular in Process of traditional cabbage rolls is rather time consuming and so I simplified and used a layering method to make this popular dish. Easy Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole Recipe – Low Carb – This easy lazy cabbage roll casserole recipe without rice is quick to make using common ingredients. Using cauliflower rice makes it healthy, low carb, and delicious.
Instructions to make Layered Cabbage Roll Casserole:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the cabbage across the bottom of a 9×13 dish (two smaller pans will work as well). In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the ground beef along with the onion..
- Drain any grease from the pan and add the rice, chili powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, garlic powder, crushed red pepper,salt and pepper to the skillet with the meat. Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine. Spread the meat mixture over the cabbage in the baking dish..
- Mix together the tomato sauce, worsteshire sauce, garlic, and vinegar and pour over the meat and cabbage. Cover with foil and then bake for 90 minutes. Uncover and let rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving..
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and or shredded motzerella cheese..
It's the best cabbage roll casserole ever! My Cabbage Roll Casserole recipe is layered with a perfectly seasoned pork and rice mixture, tender cabbage, and topped with cheese. It's a great meal you can throw together with ease. With instructions included for turning this into a freezer meal, good homemade food will be a cinch any night of the week. Nothing beats a lazy cabbage role casserole for dinner.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food layered cabbage roll casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!