Kathi Roll. Specializing in Indian street food, we serve hot and fresh kati rolls made daily from scratch. Kathi roll recipe with step by step photos – delicious wraps or rolls stuffed with a spiced mix veg stuffing. Veg kathi rolls and some more variations of wraps have been requested by some readers.
These are available in most fast food chains. Kathi Roll is one of the easiest recipe to prepare at home. Here's how you prepare this scrumptious snack recipe.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, kathi roll. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Specializing in Indian street food, we serve hot and fresh kati rolls made daily from scratch. Kathi roll recipe with step by step photos – delicious wraps or rolls stuffed with a spiced mix veg stuffing. Veg kathi rolls and some more variations of wraps have been requested by some readers.
Kathi Roll is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Kathi Roll is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have kathi roll using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kathi Roll:
- Prepare of For roti or wraps:.
- Take 1.5 cup of wheat flour (atta).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt (optional).
- Get 1 tsp of oil (optional).
- Make ready As needed of water.
- Make ready of For kathi roll filling:.
- Get 2-3 of potatoes boiled, peeled & roughly mashed.
- Take 1/4 cup of green peas.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 of onion chopped.
- Get 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Make ready To taste of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Make ready As needed of ghee or oil to apply on rotis.
First, you need to prepare the dough., Take a dough kneading plate and add wheat flour. Popular Indian street-food, Paneer Kathi rolls are warm, layered parathas filled with spicy paneer, mixed peppers and sweet caramelized onions. The Kathi Roll's origins can actually be traced back to a single restaurant, known as Nizam's. At the time of the kati roll's conception, Kolkata was the capital of the British Empire.
Instructions to make Kathi Roll:
- To start with add wheat flour in a mixing bowl with salt & oil and mix well. Add water as needed and knead it to a soft dough. Cover and set aside for 20-30 minutes..
- Heat a pan with oil. Add cumin seeds to crackle. Add onion and fry till translucent..
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell of the garlic goes away..
- Next add tomato, then green peas and cook till tomato turns soft..
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and saute for few seconds. Add little water and cook for a minute or two..
- Now add roughly mashed potato. Mix it up well with the spice mixture and cook for few seconds..
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the flame and transfer the potato mixture to a plate. Keep it aside..
- Now make 6 balls of the dough, equal in size..
- Roll each ball to a thin roti of 6 inch diameter using little wheat flour..
- Heat a pan/ griddle on a medium flame and cook the roti by flipping both sides until it turns light brown. Spread some ghee or oil all over and press down gently with a spatula. Remove and keep it in a warm casserole. Make all the roti this way..
- Now take a sufficient amount of cooked potato mixture and place in the middle of the roti in a row/ line. Add few sliced onions and cilantro on top..
- Then roll the sides up to the middle and prick a tooth pick to hold them together. Repeat to make more such kathi rolls with rest of the rotis and serve hot..
Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll Recipe, Learn how to make Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll (absolutely delicious recipe of Paneer Tikka Kathi Roll ingredients and cooking method). Frankies are also known as Kathi Rolls or you may call it wrap. This is a popular Mumbai street food. Frankies are perfect meal for any time, or on the go. I had kathi roll only once in bombay cafe.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food kathi roll recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!