Chicken kathi roll. The Chicken Kathi Roll was born in Calcutta. Succulent pieces of chicken marinated in spices are cooked over charcoal, and served with sliced onions, lime. About Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe: Kathi rolls have fast become the regular street food around the country, with a host of eateries and stalls selling a variety of this delicious, filling rolls.
NOTE: Paneer (cottage cheese) or potato cubes can be used instead of chicken to make vegetarian kathi rotis. Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe is a lip smacking roll of a flaky tawa paratha stuffed with a flavourful chicken filling. Once your parathas are ready this dish can be put together real quick.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken kathi roll. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
The Chicken Kathi Roll was born in Calcutta. Succulent pieces of chicken marinated in spices are cooked over charcoal, and served with sliced onions, lime. About Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe: Kathi rolls have fast become the regular street food around the country, with a host of eateries and stalls selling a variety of this delicious, filling rolls.
Chicken kathi roll is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Chicken kathi roll is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken kathi roll using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken kathi roll:
- Prepare of For paratha.
- Make ready 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or maida.
- Make ready 2 tsp of oil.
- Take To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- Take As needed of water.
- Get of For filling.
- Make ready 500 gm of Chicken (boneless thigh cut into small pieces).
- Take 1 cup of hung yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of tandoori chicken masala.
- Make ready 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Get 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- Take 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Make ready of For assembling.
- Take 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- Make ready 2 of green chilies finely chopped.
- Take 1 of bell pepper finely chopped lengthwise.
- Take 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- Get 1 tsp of chat masala.
- Make ready 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Make ready 1 of charcoal.
Chicken Kathi Rolls are popular Indian street food. This easy step by step recipe with video and pro tips will help you make the best kathi rolls at home! Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe is a mouth watering and scrumptious roll made using chicken filling and wrapped using a delicious roti. These Chicken Kathi Rolls were truly a culinary adventure for me.
Steps to make Chicken kathi roll:
- First make a dough for paratha. For this in a large bowl put flour,salt,sugar,oil mix it well then slowly add water & knead a very soft dough set it for 20 minutes. Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking tray..
- In a meanwhile marinate the chicken with yogurt,ginger garlic paste and other spices that mentioned above. Now make a whole at the center of the bowl put hot charcoal at the center then pour some oil over it then immediately..
- Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking and put it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at highest temperature or you can simply roast it on the gas stove..
- Now from the dough take a small portion of the dough then make a laccha paratha out of this(i.e firstmake a plain paratha then sprinkle with some oil and flour over it then with a knife cut at one side then starts folding then it becomes a cone then press it with hand).
- Now assemble everything,first take a paratha put few chicken pieces followed by some onions, green chilies and other sauces chaat masala,lemon juice that mentioned above then roll it and cover half of the roll with butter paper & it’s done.. enjoy😊.
Although I love dining on Indian food, I'm not well-versed in cooking from South Asia, also known as the Indian subcontinent. A Chicken Kathi Roll is the most renowned street food available in the street side stalls in Kolkata. A brilliant street side snack to grab in a hurry. It's marinated & sauteed boneless chicken stuffed inside. Kathi Kebabs or Kathi rolls is another Street Food item from India that is just loved by one and all.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food chicken kathi roll recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!