Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn.
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn:
- Prepare 4 of red, orange, green or yellow bell peppers.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Get 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
- Make ready 15 oz of can black beans, rinsed.
- Get 1 of roma tomato, seeded & diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn (frozen or freshly cut from the cob).
- Get 4 oz of can diced green chiles (with liquid).
- Make ready 2 tbsp of minced dry or fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Monterrey Jack).
- Make ready 1 cup of salsa.
- Get 28 oz of can or homemade enchilada sauce.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa, Black Beans, and Corn:
- Trim a 1/2 inch from the top of each pepper. Discard the seeds and core. Remove the stem from the pepper tops and then finely chop the pepper tops. Add the chopped pepper tops, onion, and olive oil to a small saute pan and cook over medium heat until the peppers are soft and the onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add the minced garlic the last minute of cooking and cook until fragrant..
- In a large bowl combine the cooked vegetable mixture, 1 cup of the cheese, black beans, quinoa, corn, salsa, half of the cilanto, and spices. Stir well to combine. Pack the filling evenly into each bell pepper. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/350354-how-to-cook-quinoa.
- Pour enchilada sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and place each pepper standing up in the bottom. Cover and cook until the peppers are tender, 3 to 4 hours on low depending on how crisp you like your peppers..
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly over the peppers, put the lid back on and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Remove the peppers from the slow cooker and place on a serving dish. Drizzle with enchilada sauce from the pan and sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro and extra cheese if desired..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food slow cooker stuffed bell peppers with quinoa, black beans, and corn recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!