Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns).
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns) using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns):
- Take of For the Buns:.
- Take 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Take 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of or more sugar.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 tsp active dry yeasts.
- Get 1 cup of warm water.
- Make ready 1 of and 1/2 tbsp vegetables oil.
- Make ready of For the vegan tofu shiitake mushroom filling:.
- Prepare 1/2 of tofu from 1 packaged firm tofu (shredded or cut tiny in cubed).
- Get 8-10 of Shiitake mushrooms (dry or fresh. I used the dry one).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce (you can put more or less, as you like).
- Prepare to taste of Soy sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of or more sugar (this filling is little bit sweet).
- Get of Sriracha (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Make ready of Oil.
- Get of For serving:.
- Prepare of Shredded purple cabbage (optional).
- Prepare of Carrot pickles (optional).
- Prepare of Chopped Cilantro/basil (I skipped it, because I don’t have them in hand).
- Take of Chopped green onion.
Instructions to make Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns):
- For the Dough: Mixed together warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stirring well then let it sit for about 10-15 minutes..
- While waiting for the yeast mixture activated. Let’s prepare the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer add and stir all the dry ingredients. Then add the oil and yeast mixture. Knead at low speed until the dough comes together, soft but not sticky. Continue knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth..
- Transfer the dough to lightly greased bowl and covers with a plastic wrap. Let it rise in warm and draft-free place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- While waiting for the dough rises, let’s start making the filling. Coat the bottom of the skillet with oil in a medium heat..
- When the oil is hot place the shredded tofu, cook them until it turns golden brown. Set asides. Add a little bit oil in the skillet then sautéed the mushroom until just brown. Then add the tofu back into skillet and mix it up. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and sugar. Combine together add the lemon juice and mix them well. Taste it before turn of the heat. Set asides..
- Now back to the dough. Once the dough has risen in double size. Divide in half. Remove half from the bowl and divide into sixth..
- Roll one of the sixth in to a ball then flatten it use your hand. Using a rolling pin to roll the ball into 3-4 inches around. Brush the top with oil, then fold in half. Then transfer to a piece parchment paper. Do the same way for the rest of the dough. You will have 12 around. Cover with cloth or plastics wrap, let it rest for 20 -30 minutes or more..
- Using the steamer (I used Bamboo steamer), transfer all the buns in the steamer. Make sure to not over crowded. Place the lid on it.Then bring the water to a boil and steam the bun for 10-12 minutes. Carefully removed the lid and take off the buns from the steamer..
- To assembly the bao buns with the filling: Carefully open buns and spread with purple cabbage the fill with the vegan filling mixture then top with the carrot pickles, and sprinkle with chopped green onion. And your bao buns are done and ready to serve. Enjoy!.
- Note: Btw, I was using only 1/2 dough because it was too much for two of us. So I placed the half dough into refrigerator. And I will make them again tomorrow since I still have the filling..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!